Warrantless wiretapping in the United States: Was the United States NSA's warrantless wiretapping program justified?

• But Not Anymore

The NSA's warrantless wiretapping program was justified at one time when the war on terror began in 2001. However, Osama bin Laden is dead. There is no need for such widespread wiretapping with secret courts anymore. The United States won the war, so it's time to repeal the USA Patriot Act and bring back our civil liberties.

• Yes, it was.

Warrant-less wiretapping is fine. The United States needs to do whatever is necessary to defend our country. They can wiretap the whole country if they need to. Our nation's security is of the up-most importance. I hope they are wiretapping me right now. I feel safer knowing that they could be.

• No it's not

I do not think that the NSA's warrantless wiretapping program was or is justified. I think that the NSA has gone too far with this one. National security is important, but freedom and rights of American citizens is more important. I do not think it is ok to give up our freedom and our rights so we can be spied upon.

• NSA Is Not Justifiable

I do not believe the United States NSA wiretapping programs are justifiable. I believe it is wrong for the government to spy on its own citizens, companies, and other countries. I believe this is unjust and all of these programs should be terminated. What makes me even madder, is that we taxpayers, are the ones paying for these terribly invasive programs.

• NSA Wiretapping Not Justified

By no means was the NSA's warrantless wiretapping program justified. Our country spied upon its own citizens without acquiring any warrants. Such acts are highly unconstitutional, and the American public should be outraged by such actions. We need to stop the development of such programs at all costs these days.

• Warrentless is never justified

Wiretapping people without a warrent is simply admitting its illegality, or what was once illegal. It is ridiculous to claim otherwise. The government is doing this in such a manner because they know their activities would never be approved of in any situation where there was real oversight of these activities.

• No, it is an invasion of privacy.

No, the NSA's warrantless wiretapping program was not justified, because it is in invasion of privacy. The government becomes the offender when they search people's phones and emails without a warrant. The government should have certification from a judge in the form of a warrant that the invasion is necessary, before they take invasive action.