Was Al Gore the rightful winner of the United States presidential election in 2000?

• Al Gore Lost

Al Gore was not the rightful winner of the 2000 Presidential contest. He lost Florida by a very small number of votes and than enabled George Bush to win the electoral college. The Florida supreme court tried to give the election to Gore, but the United States supreme court stepped in.

• No, he was not the rightful winner.

They way it was set up, the electoral college had too much power. But we cannot go back and change how that was back then. We cannot say that it should have been more power to the popular vote, because we still have yet to change the power of the electoral college.

• Al Gore was not the 'rightful winner' of the Presidential Election in 2000

I believe that even though the majority of the population (aka popular vote) suggested that most Americans wanted Al Gore in the White House, there is no way that you can simply state Al Gore was the rightful winner. The electoral college is in place for a very distinct reason and has been for a very long time. It may be easy for most people to answer "yes" to this simply because George Bush Jr.'s approval ratings were so low, but it is not that 'black and white' so-to-speak.

• Al Gore Rightful Winner

I personally think that he was not the rightful winner of this election. I do not care what people say about Bush or that he cheated to get his way in, I think that he won the election fair, and that he deserved to be the one that took over the nation then.

• He was not

No, he was not the rightful winner of this election. I do not care what people say about Bush or that he cheated to get his way in, I think that he won the election fair, and that he deserved to be the one that took over the nation then.