Was Ben Bernanke the right choice to replace Alan Greenspan as the Chairman of the Federal Reserve?

• He was the right choice.

Yes, Ben Bernanke was the right choice to replace Alan Greenspan as the Chairman of the Federal Reserve. While I would have liked to see Greenspan in the office for much longer, it was evident that he wasn't enthusiastic about the job. Bernanke has done a fine job of managing the nation's federal reserve since then.

• Ben Bernanke was the right choice to replace Alan Greenspan as the Chairman of the Federal Reserve.

Ben Bernanke was the right choice to replace Alan Greenspan as the Chairman of the Federal Reserve. The job at the Federal Reserve is an important one to insure that the economy continues to grow. When Alan Greenspan stepped down as the chairman then I think it was right for Ben Bernanke to take his place.

• The federal reserve should not exist.

I do not believe that the federal reserve should even exist, so no choice would ever be right. If I did believe that it should exist I would definitely think he is the complete wrong choice. His decisions have made not only America, but the entire world worse off financially.

• Unfortunately, Bernanke did not get the job as well as he could have.

To be completely upfront, Ben Bernanke was no Alan Greenspan. Bernanke was challenged in ways that Greenspan never was and I give him credit for that. That being that Bernanke had to steward the Federal Reserve through the financial collapse of 2008 up until 2013 in difficult economic times. The problem is that Bernanke did not know when to hit the switch on resuming higher interest rates. It is important for the consumer to be able to lend, but the consumer also needs to be able to save. The low interest rates have given banks little incentives to give the customer interest for saving money and only stack the plate up higher by charging fees for the customer to have the "convenience" of having their money in an account. The low interest rates helped banks, and the average person is still struggling. The bottom line is the policy did not work. Bernanke could have raised the rates and brought things back to normal, but he refused to do so again and again.

• They are party bosses.

No, Ben Bernanke was not the right choice to replace Alan Greenspan as the Chairman of the Federal Reserve, because he does not have a sound view of free economics. Bernanke is a politician who makes his living by forgetting about the needs of the little people. He is a politician like the rest of them.