• Bruce lee the greatest martial artist of all time

Bruce lee is the best martial artist ever he was way ahead of his time and even today after 44 years of his death:( he's still the best and will for ever be the best I've studied wing chun and jeet kune do because of bruce I love you bruce lee for ever

• Bruce Lee actor or not was a professionalist his Kicks were not off Balance timing always right with lightening speed .

All the other fighters I watched seldom were on target which thru them off balance and made them look unprofessional. No martial artist trained as hard as Bruce Lee to obtain his skills, that was not for the cinema it was real true heart fighting martial arts. Bruce Lee was a street fighter before he became a martial artist which he also prevailed in .

• Bruce Lee the greatest marital artist

He is the only guy founded his own martial arts jeet kune do. He inspired many martial artists. “You must be shapeless, formless, like water. When you pour water in a cup, it becomes the cup. When you pour water in a bottle, it becomes the bottle. When you pour water in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Water can drip and it can crash. Become like water my friend.”I agree all of his philosophy.

• He is the best

He is very fast , he can kick in 300ms ( check youtube ) , strong ( he can not use ordinary sandbag because he will break it ( check google) , he created jeet kune do, he won the america karate championship , he kicked racism, and many others, just check more information yourself.

• Mind mind mind

HE was clever person. Physical training was important for him .J j j. J j j . . . .V. .. . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . .. . . . . ?.. I

• Mind mind mind

• The man the myth.

Bruce was that good he developed his own fighting style which is jeet kune do. Perfected his body , speed and power. A true master of The arts And tradition in which has inspired all of us even to this day. That is why he is the best and there will never be any one else like him.

• MartialArtist isnt Fighter!!!

In Martial Arts as total package of theoretical stuff (knowledge about different arts/styles), practical stuff (speed, power, agility etc.), unarmed, weapons, philosophy etc., he is the leading candidate for being the greatest MAist.
    BUT: This doesn´t mean he was a "fighting legend", he was not! Figher and MAist not same.

• Elite athlete, speed beyond anyone else, power, timing, technique. Bruce had the best teachers possible in wing chun . Ip Man and Wong Shun Leung.

Joe Lewis said : Bruce Lee was the greatest Martial artist in his opinion. He could hit like a heavy weight, he was the fastest man that ever stood in front of him. Bruce knew when you weren't ready but you never knew when he would pull the trigger(non telegraphic).
    Jim Kelly said that Bruce Lee was the greatest martial artist that ever lived in his opinion. He was untouchable.

• The best period.

The besssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssss ssssssss ssssssss ssssss sssssssss sssssssss sssssss sssssssss sssssssss ssssssss sss sssss sssss sssssss ssss sss ssssss sssssss sssss.S ssssss ssssssss sssss sssssss ssss ssss ssss ssssssssss ssssssss sssss sssssss sssssssss ssssssssss ssssss ssssssss sssssss sssssssss sssssssss ssssssssss sssssssss sssssssss sss ssssss sssssss ssssssss ssssss ssss ssst

• Yes, Bruce was an extraordinary fighter indeed. But others may have surpassed him, like his teacher for instance.

Like for instance Bruce Lee was a good fighter, but only in a certain area of martial arts. There are still other types he doesn't know or mastered. So from some stand points Bruce Lee would be the best. I think that the title for the best martial artist ever born would belong to Yip Man (Ip Man). Who happened to teach Bruce Lee. Even then, Bruce wasn't Yip Man's best pupil that title would belong to Chow Kwong-yue. If Chow Kwong-yue didn't eventually go into commerce, he might've been better than Bruce. Also there are many more fighters which have gotten admiral statuses in the world of martial arts. Such as Jet Li, Donnie Yen, Jackie Chan, Tony Jaa, and others I have yet to mention.

• Well, not really...

You see, Bruce Lee is quite amazing. I mean, I am a Bruce Lee fan myself, but there are other artists too, such as Jackie Chan, Jet Li, Ip Chun, and all those others. And by the way, Bruce Lee only covered Jeet Kun Do, but not other good arts, such as Wing Chun, Jiu Jitsu, Wushu, Taekwondo, Karate, and the rest,

Than, You
    TheBunnyAssassin

• Bruce lee is best but can't defeat many people

A recent issue of "Black Belt" magazine was devoted to Bruce Lee (born Li Jun-Faan and called Li Sai-Lung in Hong Kong movies). As Joe Lewis pointed out in that issue, Bruce Lee never competed in any full-contact bouts, so he was only an actor. His real ability is thus a subject of speculation. It is a sure bet that many men in history have been much better than Bruce was. Some are men you never heard of. Oyama Masutatsu popularized karate in the 1950's,and he could easily beat Bruce, if both men were in their prime. Mas killed a bull with his bare hands. Wang Hsu-Chin of China was a great martial artist that amateurs never heard of. Karate masters broke their hands on his hard body. The master of Toad style in the 5 Venoms becomes invulnerable, and Wang Sifu and I achieved a great degree of that. Bruce Lee would only hurt his hands and feet striking a Toad master. Bruce was only 5'-6" his cousin said and weighed 135# in top shape (125-150 at times and even 165 when bodybuilding), so there is no way he could beat men much bigger and stronger. Many wild tales have been told about Bruce, so many men see only the legend and have no idea what the real Bruce was like. Some think Achilles was a real man in the 1194-1184BCE Trojan war, but he was not really 13.5 feet tall and 2300#. One sees how tales grow ever more fantastic about a man who becomes a legend. By the time Bruce has been around as long as Achilles, he may be 13.5' tall too. Bruce would not give Oyama Sensei or Wang Sifu a decent workout.

• Bruce lee actor

If you believe Bruce lee is the greatest.
    Then why not say Rambo was the greatest soldier of all time?
    The greatest fighter ever who never fought?
    Bruce lee attacked tradition and nationality because he was a universalist. "We are all the same nonsense".
    One world order chants.
    I don't believe one phoney word out of him.
    I use to believe in his crap but I got wise.

• Bruce Lee is the Most Influential but not the most powerful

Bruce Lee was trash. I could probably even beat him in a fight. The only reason people say he is good is because he was an actor and he made it popular. Still, the likes of Jorge shurty and Yamikash Yukiop could have destroyed him without difficulty. There is no way he is the best.

• Bruce Lee is ranked 5 out of my top martial artists

I think Tony Jaa is #1 because of the acrobats and the real fights he did and how many different types of martial arts he knows. Plus his movies are a billion times better. Bruce Lee is not better than Tony jaa or Donnie Yen or Jet li because he was taught by Yip man and created his own styles even though Tony Jaa basically did the same thing. He doesnt have the same acrobatic skill, and all the techniques he knows the rest of martial artists I have mentioned know the same skills and are better at them.

• You all miss the undrlying facts.

The best PROVEN BEYOND THIS PETTY ARGUMENT .... Is IP MAN. Ip Man is the ONLY GRANDMASTER and it has been PROVEN time and time again that wing chung is the best. IT HAS BEEN HISTORICALLY PROVEN..... So therefore no, Bruce Lee isn't the best.... His Master Ip Man is.

• Lee has nothing at all to back up the thought he was the greatest.

What do you have to judge him on? Nothing, no contests. The end. It would be like me declaring I am the greatest boxer in the world without ever having a single fight. I may be a smooth talker and convince idiots to believe me, but in reality that proves nothing.

• Bruce li-ee was not a fighter

Bl was an actor and not a fighting martial artist .He knew some martial arts and wing chun to certain extend and it was his image in words but on the screen he only used Japanese shotokan karate . Bl could fight in his weight and he d be great .But he wouldn't last in an actual fight or heavyweight fight.. Period..

• He never fought

How can someone really think that a guy who has never really fought in his life is the best martial artist ever!?

According to some witness he was involved in a couple of street fights and that's all...

What a joke! I had a couple of street fights too and I'm undefeated on the streets... So what... Ma I the best ever?

Come on, let's be serious. He was an awesome actor and choreographer and I love him, but definitely not a fighter!