• Yes, "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" was a cultural phenomenon.

Yes, the TV show" "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" was a cultural phenomenon in the 1990s. I believe that Buffy gave viewers a strong, smart heroine, which was something that was mostly lacking on TV. It also created a new type of program, one that featured only a few villains and longer story arcs, rather than a different story each week. "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" also influenced us in smaller ways, such as increasing the popularity of names such as Willow and Zander and starting the trend of using the word “much” after a verb.

• The entire show was groundbreaking.

Buffy the Vampire Slayer started its televisual life as a silly drama which was strongly modelled after old B-movies. However, it quickly moved beyond its parody roots and became something much more substantial and strongly feminist. The female characters were strong, highly intelligent and multi-faceted individuals. In the 1990s and early 2000s, nothing on television allowed women to shine as strongly in the spotlight as Buffy and nor could any other show claim to have had such a global influence on teenage girls.

• Buffy was a complete show.

Buffy combined supernatural beings, comedy, romance and drama effortlessly. The show also had an amazingly good-looking cast. It can definitely be considered a cultural phenomenon as no other show has quite come close to its unique blend of story telling. I just hope they don't reboot the series and spoil it for everyone.

• It was just another devil tv show

Normally when there is a cultural phenomenon I am drawn in but with this show just seemed like another occult show about vampires. It was simply mainstreaming the underworld. I had no desire to let that kind of evil into my life or my psyche. I think millions of others felt the same way because the show never seemed to rise to the level of an iconic phenomenon.