• Cara Delevigne had all rights to wear the shoes she liked

I don't think it is so unreasonable for an individual to wear sneakers for a visit to the White House. We can't control the way people dress, because that would be a dictatorship, and freedom would stop to exist. That's what we fight all day for, the ability to make our own choices.

• Cara Delevigne can wear sneakers to the White House

Cara Delevigne should be allowed to wear sneakers to the White House. Why there is such an uproar caused by this simple action is beyond me. As long as you show respect towards the President and his family and staff, there shouldn't be a problem. I doubt that President Obama would be disturbed by the fact that she was wearing sneakers. There needs to be more of a focus on important issues rather than what someone wore to the White House.

• Freedom of Choice

While the white house may be considered one of the more formal places in the United States of America, it is also the very home of our freedoms, one of the most important of which is the freedom of choice. While it may not be typical to wear tennis shoes in the white house, Ms. Delevigne posesses the freedom to do as she chooses.

• She needs to be respectful

I see people arguing 'freedom of choice' and 'there are more important things than what she wore'. Yes, Cara Delevigne and every human being has freedom of choice and should be able to wear what they want. However, she should have been respectful as this was not the place to dress informally. I wouldn't turn up to Buckingham Palace to receive an OBE with a tracksuit on as it would not be appropriate. Technically I could if i wanted because i have a freedom of choice; but Cara arriving at the White House with sneakers on was completely inappropriate. This just highlights how celebrities like Cara are negative influences on young children, as it encourages the 'I can do what i want' attitude. It simply was not respectful to turn up to the White House wearing sneakers, and she should have been formally dressed. I am not saying she should have been wearing high heels and a dress, but a more formal attire was needed, for example pumps, shirt and blazer. But yes, Cara does have a freedom of choice of what to wear; although that is not a valid point as she was not right to wear sneakers and it was unsuitable.

• No, Cara Delevigne Should Not have Worn Sneakers to the White House

The White House is the home of the most important person in the United States, and as such a show of respect must be made. Simply because you are a model does not give you the right to be disrespectful to the President, his family and his staff. Ms. Delevigne should have worn more appropriate footwear.