Was Chuck Jones better for Tom & Jerry than Fred Quimby?

Asked by: rajun
  • Quimby was the best

Quimby cartoons were legendary. He had maybe the funniest cartoons ever. Just watch Tom and Jerry on TV. When quimby cartoons come on, the animation, the sound, the creativity were priceless. When chuck Jones cartoons come on, it make u not want to watch them because u just watch a quimby one. Chuck Jones was great for looney toons, but not for Tom and Jerry.

• Chuck Jones was best

Though not as funny, the animations are so much better. The drawings are higher quality and the result always ends up neutral at the end. My mom always said they were less violent but just as funny. . . . . . . . . . . . . .

• Quimby was awesome

I really think Quimby was the best. I say this because the drawing and the animation of Tom n Jerry were way better. And because they were way more funny and had better recurring characters. I agree with the person above saying that Jones' cartoons are some what similar to pink panther...

• L l l l

L l l l l l l l l l ll l l l l l l l l l l l l l ll l l l l l l l m m mm m mm m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m

• L l l l

• Chuck's T and J shorts SUCK.

I loved his Loony Tunes shorts. They were really good. But his Tom and Jerry shorts were really bad. For one, he was not a fan of Tom and Jerry to begin with. For two, The slapstick was poor. For three, his characters look TERRIBLE. Tom looks like Boris Karloff and Jerry's eyes are too small. Fred's shorts had better animation, better jokes, and better designs. Chuck was missing 3 characters. (Spike, Tuffy, and Butch) So, Fred is the winner.

• Quimby was class

Quimby cartoons had a warm, comfortable feel to them. There were no silly sound effects. The animation was smooth and the story lines were not daft. The music was class too, probably my first introduction to jazz. The absence of complete people (never more than legs!) Kept the illusion going. If I had to live in a cartoon it would be a Fred quimby tom & jerry one.

• Quimby had ZERO input to the Tom and Jerry series.

He was a producer in title only! The entire series was created by two animators that worked for Quimby ( Hannah and Barbera). Hannah and Barbera have always said Quimby had No sense of humor nor animation creativity for cartoons. For every award Quimby received for Tom and Jerry he Never acknowledged them and took all the credit.

• Quimby was the best

• Quimby was awesome

• Was Chuck Jones better for Tom and Jerry vs. Fred Quimby?

No! It was just something special and original about Frederick Clinton Quimby's version. I don't if it was the artistry, the plots and story line, the era or what, Quimby's version just has it all over Chuck Jones. I am a cartoon conisuer, as a child I clearly remember rushing home from school to watch Tom and Jerry as well as the rest of the evening line up. When I became an adult/mother I couldn't wait to start collecting them on VHS/DVD for my children & they'll ask me if want to watch T&J w/them of course you what my response is, they'll put it in & I'll say what is that, what are you doing, now you which ones I want to see; the old/original ones. I had to trane them; now it's second nature; now they know! (BIG SMILE). I have to be in a certain mood for C.J.'s version.

• Fred version rules

Quimbys Cartoons were better drawn charterers were smoother to look at. And Quimby just made it 100% More funny the music is better characters like spike, tyke and mummy 2 shoes. Where as chuck's version is very similar to the pink panther in my opinion just not as good. !!!!

• Quimby was spectacular

Best Tom n Jerry producer. With good looking cartoons, great music and original violence. I dont like Chuck Jones version so much. I always love all Quimby cartoon especially Tom n Jerry. I dont say i hate Chuck Jones version. Its Dicky Moe episode made by Chuck Jones? I like that eps.