Was Dr. Thomas Szasz correct in believing that only a few psychological problems can be detected by physical tests?

• Szasz Correct in Psychological Problems Idea

In many ways, Dr. Thomas Szasz was right to believe that most psychological problems couldn't be detected by a physical test. Psychological problems often require a more subjective test involving analysis of each patient. No physical test will reveal that a person has a mental disorder or psychological problem after all.

• This Is True

I believe Dr. Thoma Szasz was correct in believing that only a few psychological problems can be detected by physical tests. This is actually a known problem in psychology and its 100% factual, this is what Dr. Szasz pretty much based the rest of his work on. This is why psychologist forgo tests to check for mental disorders.

• Yes he probably was.

I do think that Dr. Thomas Szasz is correct in believing that only a few psychological problems can be detected by physical tests. Psychological problems are always changing in the DSM. That fun little booklet that those shrinks like to use. This alone would make it virtually impossible to detect a mental illness with a physical test.

• Psychological Problems Are In The Brain

I do believe that Dr. Thomas Szasz was correct in believing that only a few psychological problems can be detected by physical tests. I think it is important to see medical care for problems above the neck and below the neck. It is just as important to treat the mind, as it is the body.

• He was only about 33 percent correct.

While I do think that Dr. Thomas Szasz was correct in that certain physical traits are evident in the mentally ill or unbalanced, we now know that such health issues can have a combination of cognitive, chemical and physical symptoms in most patients. In some cases, though, it might only be one or two of those things, and we mustn't overlook them.