Was Ellen Page right for coming out of the closet?

• Yes, she was

Yes, there is not a thing wrong with coming out of the closet, and i
    think that it was good for her to stop holding it in and for her to be
    able to live with out thinking that she has a big secret that she can
    not tell people.

• There is no reason to suppress identity

The era of suppressing human sexuality and oppressing individuals because they are gay is most definitely over. By now all humans should be respected no matter their sexual orientation, and even things like saying being gay is a sin seems asinine. People should be respected and free to express themselves.

• Yes, Ellen Page was right to come out.

I think that Ellen Page was right to come out. I think that keeping something like one's sexuality could be a difficult experience and cause some mental anguish in a person's life. But I do think that Ellen Page's career could be affected by it. But I think she was willing to risk it.

• Yes, Ellen Page absolutely made the right decision by coming out of the closet.

Being gay or lesbian is as natural as being heterosexual, but it will not be seen as normative until people see a wide range of individuals who don't fit their archetypes coming out. Ellen Page is a great example as she has successfully played a straight female and could demonstrate that homosexuals aren't all the same. Celebrities such as Ellen Page are able to serve as great role models for others who are struggling with their sexuality.

• yes she was

Yes, there is not a thing wrong with coming out of the closet, and i think that it was good for her to stop holding it in and for her to be able to live with out thinking that she has a big secret that she can not tell people.