Was Elliot Rodger a born sociopath, a crazy person (pro), or did he lose his mind along the way (con) ?

Asked by: revic
  • He was a psychopath, not a sociopath

Elliot Rodgers was a misogynistic psychopath that wadges a "war on love" after years of being rejected. He actually DOES fit nearly all of the traits of a psychopath. Lack of remorse, chronic liar, unable to keep relationships, vindictive, controlled violent behavior, rational/not impulsive, delusional, narcissistic, constantly putting himself in the face of violence and the list goes on. He was a BORN psychopath that developed a hatred of women because women kept rejecting over the years and he had an idea that in order to be socially respected you need to date attractive women. It's entirely clear in his manifesto that he hates women and believed that because many rejected him, all of them would and that they need to be punished for making bad decisions. He planned this for over a month before doing. He waged his war on love for over a year ago. Before the stabbings & shootings, he was assault couples regularly. It's beyond clear that he had anti-social personality disorder and couldn't function properly around people. AllanFrankland seriously has no idea what he is even talking about. You can't use big words and try to pass yourself off as knowing something when you don't. Saying "he was a bit grandiose" when grandiose means "impressive or magnificent in appearance or style, especially pretentiously" makes no sense. He hated women because some rejected and therefore all would reject him, he hated men because women picked them over him and they should be punished too. Being rational and premeditation is actually a trait of a psychopath, but AllanFrankland doesn't know that because he's a fraud. It had very little do to with him being a virgin, it had more to do so with dating and relationships; if he wasn't a psychopathic misogynistic pig that believed he was better than everybody & was "god" then he probably would've got a girlfriend.

• Obviously mentally ill

He was on meds and should never have been allowed to live on his own. This alone led to this course of action. There is clearly a big problem in America with mental health when he could get a gun easier than he could get into treatment.

Plus who kills people because they can't get laid? He was obviously razy, you don't need a psych exam to tell you that much.

• He took a unique path anyone could have followed

Elliot might have been born with asperger's syndrome, but that does not make a person commit homicide. He had nobody to talk to, nobody to reason with him during the final months before the killings. That is what caused him to lose his mind, follow his own train of thoughts.

Elliot did in fact have problems with social interaction, but he tried to get in touch with people. Had the world been more fair to him, and, especially his surroundings, this wouldn't have happened.

• He isn't a sociopath or has aspergers.

This belief that he is a sociopath or has aspergers is ridiculous. He fits zero traits for sociopathy (killing is not one of them and neither is jealousy) and he fits no traits that I know of for aspergers, and I've studied abnormal psychology for 4 years now. If anything he was just deluded, not everyone who commits crimes has a personality or neurological disorder, sometimes they're just deluded, or absolutely normal. Sure, he was a bit grandiose, but that's only 1 trait of narcissism, you need 5 to be diagnosed. Most people fit a trait for most disorder, but that doesn't mean you have the disorder. Elliot was a rational, logical and forward thinking person, it was pre-meditated, meaning he understood what he was doing, people who are "crazy" have no understanding of their actions. He's just a kid who bottled up everything, got used to having what he wants and tortured himself mentally and then convinced himself that it's not his fault it's everyone else's, that's a delusion.

• Mentally ill- shy/ covert narcissistic personality disorder or avoidant PD with narcissistic traits.

After reading Elliot's version of his life titled " my twisted world" it is obvious to the reader that from a young ageHis " view of the world" at a young age was definitely different from normal kids. He always saw himself as never good enough (changing his hair color or learning to skateboard only because he believed it would make him popular.) He never could form normal attachments with other. Idon't believe he was born a killer like bundy or dahmer,unlike those killers who from a young age showed disregard for life, chronic lying , abuse of animals, and extremely abnormal sexual desires, from what is known elliot did not display those behaviors .When elliot was in the cyber cafe when he was described seeing pornography for the 1st time he cried, revolted by what he saw. He stated that when he was on the camping trip he was happy to be placed with "popular kids" and when his bunk mate took out a magazine with naked picture, Elliot states he only looked at it because he wanted the other kids to view him as cool. I Am NOT DEFENDING his behavior but look at it through his eyes. He was born into wealth and status and he was thought to believe that everyone lived like that, that possessions made people like you.That he would achieve friends, and most importantly a women ( he shows that thinking with the desire to win the lottery saying if I'm rich women will throw themselves at me.)He states that in 6th and 7th grade girls would hug him, try to talk to him and he was happy. When in 8th grade he stated that's when he became fearful of girls. When his 1st crush monette moio made fun of him all year,mocked him, It sounds like that's when he started seeing women as evil. Stopped viewing women as individuals, and viewed them as a symbol. He stated that when he was called an average 'man let' he replied that he was A drop dead gorgeous, fabulous,stylish exotic ass gem amongst thousands of rocks. I think his inability to form friends and severe a-social skills clashed with his EXTREEM narcissism and avoidence. With someone like that avoidant anxiety (a concern with not being liked, and wanting friends ) vs his self view of importance clashed. I believed there is evidence to this claim when he talks about his 1st friend in America. Maddy Humphreys who Elliot talks about playing with as a youth. Now any "normal " guy would say hey maddy I am lonely and really shy around girls, could you introduce me to one of your friends? She was a very attractive girl, and he was not ugly. I bet if he asked her for help she would have gladly helped him, talked to him,gave him advice. But at that point to late, he depersonalized females to a symbol. He was killing that symbol. It was sad. Rip all who died

• He was mentally ill

I'm not too familiar with this case, but I did a quick Google search and came across his youtube page. His recent videos keep talking about why girls don't like him and why life was unfair to him. If I'm reading is correct, he was bullied at school every day. Now, i'm not saying him getting bullied was the only thing that led him to become mentally ill, but it must've been one of the leading causes as to why. I'm almost certain he had some sort of mental illness that triggered him to go on that shooting spree.