Was it fair that the British taxed the colonists?

• It was fair for the British to make Americans pay takes.

I think it was fair for the British to make Americans pay takes because the British helped the Americans fight the French and the Indian war. If the British didn't help them they would of loosed. Thats why I think it was fair for the British to takes Americans. By the way I am American.

• It's not like colonists were going to get off free

Even though some colonists were forced (most wanted to) move to the new world, it's not like they are going to get off free. They are still going to have to pay taxes because they get safety and protection. Not everyone is going to have to pay such as slave, serverants, etc. Mainly because there "master" is going the pay for the rest/all of it.

• Fffffffffffffffff f f f f

What essential QUESTIONS will students answer?
    How do the causes of the French-Indian War impact relations of the people living in North America in the mid-18th century
    I think my EQ meets standards in this theme because…
    The three groups (Britain, France, Native Americans) had similar goals, but vastly different ways of trying to achieve them. Their interactions dictated the makeup of North America for centuries to come. What essential QUESTIONS did students answer?
    What caused the French and Indian War and what was the immediate aftermath (i.E. Land gains, etc.)
    Students answered the EQ in this theme when…
    We completed the graphic organizer ; students used a combination of recall from a previous reading assignment and inferencing to answer the question
    What KNOWLEDGE will students acquire and use to answer the essential question? SWUThat…
    Land disputes and alliances played a major role in the French and Indian War
    I think this Knowledge Objective meets standards in this theme because…
    They both deal with interactions between different groups and cultures. What KNOWLEDGE did students acquire and use to answer the essential questions: SUThat…
    The causes and consequences of the French and Indian War caused additional conflicts that led to more wars, tensions, and – eventually – the American Revolution
    Students acquired and used this knowledge in the theme when…
    We filled out a graphic organizer designed to guide student thinking toward the future ; long term effects that hold specific meaning for the forming of our nation. The significance of the French and Indian War in this unit is to demonstrate factors involved in the Revolution

• Fffffffffffffffff f f f f

• The Colonists were just asking for a war

I think it was fair that colonists had to pay taxes because even the British had to pay taxes, they had to pay even more taxes then the colonists did. The British protected the Colonists during the French and Indian war so the the British soldiers should get played some how by the colonists. Taxes is the perfect way. We today still have to pay taxes.

• Everyone has to pay taxes, choice or not.

I think that the British were fair to tax and treat the colonists the way they did. I think this because even today, citizens in a community must pay tax on items for funds. And, its not like the tax money doesn't go to a important cause; it goes towards perhaps say the less fortunate.

• All must pay their due

It was fair of the British to tax the colonists because they were a British colony and needed to pay up just like the people in England did. The primary reason for discovering the New World (gold and other riches) meant they were to be taxed because the government would want as much as they can get.
    The revolution was because Britain exceeded the tolerance of the people and they became too greedy.

• Freedom must win

Now I don't mean to go on about truth and justice but the taxes were not fair. You taxed us on tea, salt, stamps and more. They have no right to rule us, they are a whole ocean away. I mean do they have to tax us on every thing!

• Taxes are not fair

Taxes were not fair because the colonist had to pay like every second of the day. The tax collectors would kill or even bring them back to the king. It was not fair. It also is not fair because people would go broke. So basically they were getting no money any way.

• MEAN to pay extra

It is unfair because they already have to pay for things. The extra money doesn't go to any important cause. L l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l

• MEAN to pay extra

• Pizza is awesome

Well I think pizza is very good and I like to have cookies after I'm done eating my pizza and then my pizza will be done and delicious but then my pizza will have cookie crumbs on it I don't like cookie crumbs on my pizza so there you have it

• Pizza is awesome

• Pizza is awesome

• Taxes r not fair

Colonists had to give up their money just to buy food which is not fair and all the clothing cost money but they had to pay more just because of taxes. If the king needed more money he should of got it with his own money. If he didn't have enough he should get a job.

• Taxes r not fair

• No taxation without representation

I agree 100% with taxes but only with representation. I do think that we as the people should have been taxed as British citizens but we should have been represented. How would the government know what is going on in the colony is there is no representation for the colony? They wouldn't.