Was it right for France to bomb an ISIS stronghold after the terrorist attacks in Paris?

• Yes it is reactive, but it we need to do something.

America is a prime example of this. We just sit back and do nothing. Attacking back is reactive, and we need to be proactive, but we can't just sit around and let things like this happen. ISIS believes in what they believe, and I respect that, but they shouldn't bring that upon the world. France did the right thing by showing that if ISIS messes with us, the rest of the world will mess with them.

• France Stood Up To ISIS Showing Their Intolerance For Terrorist Acts

When France bombed an ISIS stronghold shortly after the horrific attacks against their citizens, they showed the terrorists that they would not tolerate terrorism. At a time when this psychotic group continually uses any and every barbaric means to harm innocent people, all countries must stand up to ISIS and terrorism. We, as a society, cannot be held prisoner to terrorist acts. We need to regain our sense of freedom and safety within our free countries. The only way this will be achieved is by fighting back and showing terrorists that they will not win.

• Yes, France rightfully attacked an ISIS stronghold

Yes, France certainly had the right to drop bombs on an ISIS stronghold. I truly believe that this act was performed in the name of all nations that feel threatened by ISIS. From this point, it seems that there is no other way to fight fire but with the fire. In other words, I feel there is no peaceful way to fight merciless terrorism.

• It can go either way.

I believe it was the right thing to do. ISIS doesn't understand anything other than violence. If France just would have taken the attacks and walked away with their tails between their legs, I feel like ISIS would have felt like they could take the momentum of the attack and reek even more havoc across the nation. ISIS has to know people will stand up to them.

• Reactive military tactics rarely reap benefits

As seen with the United States' knee jerk response to the 9/11 terrorist attacks as well as their nuclear response to the bombing of Pearl Harbor, immediate retaliation often leads to regrettable actions. If Daesh is to be stopped it will be suffocated financially, not by bombing suburbs in the hopes of killing terrorists.