Was it right of Mustafa Kemal Atatürk to "Westernize" Turkey to create a republic?

• Yes It Was

I believe it was right for Mistafa Kemal Ataturk to westernize Turkey to create a republic. I believe his efforts were meant to make the populace more tolerant, not degrade the people of the time. Secondly, I don't think he was really trying to westernize at the time, he was just trying to improve peoples lives.

• It was right to 'Westernize' Turkey.

It was right for Mustafa Kemal Ataturk to 'Westernize' Turkey to create a republic. Nations go through change, revolutions, and new eras. The world is slowly 'westernizing' itself as less wealthy nations catch up to technology and business in the western word. Because change is inevitable I feel it was right for this change to happen.

• Yes it was

Yes it was because if he didn't Turkey would have fallen and possibly became a different turkey and possibly ended up in war with it's own people had a war within Turkey. This would have been a major disaster that America would have had to go and solve also. Look at Russia and Ukraine this is what Turkey would have been like.

• He was a leader.

Yes, it was right of Mustafa Kemal Ataurk to Westernize Turkey to create a republic, because Ataurk did a good job westernizing the country in order to try to fend off the Arab Spring spreading to Turkey and causing an uprising. Turkey was correct to respond to the people's wishes by becoming a republic.

• Yes, Mustafa Kemal Ataturk was right to Westernize Turkey.

I think it was right for Mustafa Kemal Ataturk to "westernize" Turkey in order to create a republic. I think that Mustafa so the need and support in Turkey that wanted a change in the country's governing. That is why he was right to "westernize" the country since it helped to benefit the people.