Was it right that the army program labeled Christians radical extremists?

Asked by: Dunlj
  • Read the bible

The bible teaches hate or intolerance towards specific groups, so if you follow the bible you will hate. Hence hate group, no brainer.
    Okay, I already see the disagreement, so what about this intolerance.

Women are half (or 60%) men according to the bible Leviticus 27 verses 3-7. If an organization wants to treat women seriously, how can they treat a document seriously that says women are worth less than men. Christians are meant to live buy this document, so why should the military not step up and say unacceptable.

Or Jesus telling us to hate pretty much anyone except him.
    Luke 14:26 "If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple."

• This claim is ranked "Mostly False" by Politifact.

The program had a single slide on a single occasion that listed Christian extremist groups- including what those groups were as well as where they were found. Other religions were included on the same list- Muslim extremists, Jewish extremists, etc. Christians were not singled out.

This is just more of the special treatment given to Christians in America- no one is allowed to mention that many Christian groups ARE extremist and even domestic terrorists (WEstboro, groups that bomb abortion clinics and kill doctors) just because they're Christian. Any other religious group or position would be allowed to be given critical scrutiny, but no one's allowed to question Christians.

• Understand the bible

The word "hate" in those verses means a subordination of loyalty so that one may follow Jesus with their whole heart.

34 “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. 35 By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” John 13: 34-35.

To base your entire argument on verses that you do not understand is ridiculous, and for an organisation to label a group of people radical extremists base don't here misunderstandings is, in my opinion, a terrible wrongdoing.

• Christians should not be labeled radical extremists by the US Government.

The basic doctrines of Christianity are peaceful. The Old Testament Genocide of the Canaanites was just that: a genocide of the Canaanites. It was limited to the Canaanites only, and that proclamation of genocide did not extend beyond the Canaanites and the residents of Ancient Israel. Jesus taught peace. Therefore, Christians today have no reason to act violently towards anyone except in self defense. However, it should be okay for Muslims to be considered radical extremists or at least potential extremists because Islam's proclamation of holy war extended to the entire war, to last until the whole world was converted to Islam. That is one of the many differences between Christianity and Islam. Basic Christian doctrines are peaceful. Basic Islamic doctrines are not peaceful. Therefore, Muslims should be labeled radical extremists and Christians should not. With the exception of the ones that are radical extremists, but their actions contradict the basic Christian doctrines.