Was Jackie Earle Haley better as Freddy Krueger than Robert Englund?

• I do believe so

I mean, come on. Everybody knows that Robert Englund was the original, and "originals are always better right?" Wrong. I believe that Jackie was a lot more believable and more threatening than Robert. If I was burned alive and all, I would be pissed. I wouldn't be some jokester running around and cracking one liners. Let me know what you think. I accept all opinions.

• Haley Wins The Role

Jackie Earle Haley was so much scarier and more threatening than Robert Englund. He is very serious and really want's to have his revenge because he was really pissed. Robert was also good but he was too much of a jokester which I didn't like a lot. A horror film should be scary. Yes, Robert was more creative in killing but it doesn't look scary like in the Freddy vs Jason film. The girl Kia is threatening and teasing Freddy by saying "Your not even scary". If I was Kia but fighting vs Jacky Freddy, oh dear, if I tease him, he would be really pissed. So Jackie is better.

• Jackie is the real and true Freddy

Jackie's Freddy was exactly what a real immortal or invincible killer needs to be. He is always serious and makes no jokes at all and the voice he used was much scarier and eviler than Robert's ever was. The only thing Robert had over Jackie was being a child murderer before being burned alive

• Haley All The Way

Jackie Earle Haley was a much better Freddy Kruger than Robert Englund ever was. As an initial matter, all true serial killers in the United States use their middle name, so a clear advantage exists there for Haley. Also, the old school Freddy Kruger was as horrifying as a villain could be.

• Nobody can replace the old Freddy Krueger

Freddy is much more unique than all of the horror movie characters! While the others are serious and focused on killing. Fred is a jokester and likes to torture them physically and mentally. I appreciate the work they did on the remake but it just wasn't great enough to top the other older films. And the look on the new Fred, almost resembled close to a reptile. And the backstories are different, with Fred killing and molesting when the new Fred just molested. That's what makes the old Freddy more terrifying. Robert Englund's Freddy Krueger is much better and way more enjoyable to watch.

• Original Classic (Wes Craven) Movies cannot be Beaten!

Jackie Earle Haley played a good role as Freddy Krueger and had a better voice to go along with it, but Robert Englund is the classic, Wes Craven version. He brought the character to life, and his face in general matched the Krueger persona. The new story plot was interesting though, and the other actors/actresses were a lot more believable in their acting as well. I just don't believe that the original Freddy Krueger image can be re-made, only the story plot and supporting actors. I appreciate both movies still. Also, Robert Englund's depiction was a lot more scarier, while Jackie Earle Haley's was calmer and more relaxed on the jump scares.

Jackie Earle Haley played a good role as Freddy Krueger and had a better voice to go along with it, but Robert Englund is the classic, Wes Craven version. He brought the character to life, and his face in general matched the Krueger persona. The new story plot was interesting though, and the other actors/actresses were a lot more believable in their acting as well. I just don't believe that the original Freddy Krueger image can be re-made, only the story plot and supporting actors. I appreciate both movies still.

• Old freddy was far stronger with powers and durability

Though the original freddy was more of a jokester he also more then once proved his powers superior to the new freddy there were also times where englunds freddy was very serious and angry and if the two two freddys fought englunds superior powerful freddy would take th win he also played a better freddy seriousness and blank expression in horror movies was to common and the first freddy added some kick to it he was one to scare and torture before killing unlike jackie earle haley who just scared and killed the original freddy killed with much more brutalityy using more then just his knived fingers to kill with

• WTF??? Really? Jackie??

Jackie H G. As Fred??? NO WAY !!!! Guys really, when I was a child everytime I had a nightmare I woke up happy still being alive and not found and killed by Fred Krueger!! Honestly, whenever the word nightmare or bad dream is involved we all think of one person: FRED!!! And never have I seen him being played by Jackie. Rob did something only a few before did. He brought Freddy to life! Everyone of us had this one situation after seeing a Freddy film or talking about it when we don´t dare to fall asleep. Seeing Fred´s burned face all over the place. Under the bed. In the closet. All around. And really, did one of you ever saw jackie´s Fred there? HELL NO! It was Rob´s Fred Krueger!! Always. Honest, no one should have ever played Fred except Rob. And this should never change. FRED KRUEGER came to life with Rob. FRED KRUEGER should die with Rob. But I really hope that Rob changes his mind one last time and brings FRED back to where he belongs. In all of our worst nightmares!!! I Love you Rob!!! And I will Always watch out for Fred waiting around the corner!!! Thank you for bringing the worst in mankind to life!

• WTF??? Really? Jackie??

• They lost what differentiates Freddy from Mike Myers and Jason Voorhees

Jason was driven nuts by being burned alive, so he not just wants to take revenge, but he wants to be as sadistic and torturous as he can doing it. He's sort of the horror film version of Batman's Joker, completely unhinged. His mind always returns to the house and the boiler room and he doesn't get out of it long. That would drive anyone nuts and make them want to have fun SOMEHOW. That's what JEH's Freddy was missing.

• Hell No way!

I understand they were trying to do a more serious more burn realistic Freddy, but that's not who many of us came to love. Freddy is unique and doesn't need to be a serious killer like many of the other horror icons. He doesn't need to look like a realistic burn victim, which I don't feel there is an only one burn victim look. He has the ability to choose how he wants to look! In each movie he changes, and if you had control of the dream world, you could look how you wanted. If you had so much power to kill, would you be serious? Or be a complete insane, have some fun killing horror freak. If I were Freddy, I would be Englund's version no questions asked. Both fright scary yet lovable. Besides, I like the more troll look for a Freddy then this shrunken nose crap Freddy. They went completely opposite in who Freddy is.