Was Janeane Garofalo one of the biggest comedy stars of the 90s?

• Janeane Garofalo Comedy Star

I personally think that Janeane Garofalo was one of the biggest comedy stars in the 90s as well as stand up comedy in the 80s. Janeane Garofalo was known as appearing on TV including on the Ben Stiller show, Larry Sanders and SNL. I personally think that she was known for what she was great at doing.

• I'd say so

Janeane Garofalo is small but quite witty. She started doing stand-up in the 80s, and appeared on TV including on the Ben Stiller show, Larry Sanders and SNL. In the 90's she was in the movies The Truth about Cats and Dogs and Late for Dinner. I think she certainly made an impact.

• A Good 15 Minute Run

I believe Janeane Garofalo was one of the bigger comedy stars of the 90s. Janeane Garofalo benefitted from a heavy workload in the 90s and she was often seen in the media, she has not quit acting or staggered from her career however her work load has decreased. She had a stellar 15 minutes and seems to be enjoying steady work to this day.

• No, not even close

Janeane Garofalo may have become somewhat well known in the 1990s, but in terms of popularity, she was nowhere near one of the biggest stars of the decade. Jim Carrey, Adam Sandler, Jerry Seinfeld, and some members of SNL (like Mike Meyers, Chris Farley, and Phil Hartman) were by far the most popular comedic stars of the 1990s. In fact, Carrey was so huge, he infamously started fetching $20 million per picture, an unheard amount of money at the time because of what a huge box office draw he was.

• No, she wasn't really that great.

What an odd question for a debate. But no, Janeane Garofalo was not one of the biggest comedy stars of the 90s. She might have been up there toward the top of the pile, but it never seemed to me like she was entirely successful. Her act never really changed.