Was Justin Bieber wrong for saying, 'Hopefully [Anne Frank] would have been a belieber?'

• He was wrong.

Yes, Justin Bieber was wrong for what he wrote in the guest book at the Anne Frank house. He would have been just fine to write that he was inspired by his visit. He did not have to add that he hoped she would have been a fan. He was making the issue more about himself there.

• I don't think it was wrong.

He was just messing around like a normal 20 year old would. I don't think he meant to hurt anyone's feelings or make it about himself. I know you probably think it was not anything to mess around with, but she would of probably laughed if she heard it. Let go of it.

• Yes yes yes

He wrote that the visit was inspiring and she was a great girl and that he hoped she would have been a belieber. I must admit, I don't know an extensive amount about her, but she loved the celebrities in her time, and I honestly don't think it's a stretch of truth that she might have been a fan if she were alive today. On the other hand, I do think it was a bit narcissistic, and he should have left the comment out, but I don't think it was "wrong".

• Yes he was.

The Holocaust was a horrific event where millions died and more were injured and traumatised by the events. Anne Frank was a brave girl who also suffered.

Bieber could have said that the visit was enlightening and while yes, I agree that Anne Frank was a brilliant girl, he instead had to make about him in a narcissistic move. It doesn't matter whether she liked singers or celebrities or not; no one should make that about themselves, especially not in a place built in her honour.

• Yes, for many reasons.

Justin Bieber was completely out of place for saying this. The Holocaust is a more-than-understandably sensitive topic and I believe Justin Bieber is full of himself and that's what caused his blunder. All he has to do now is take it down a notch and calm down. Not everyone is a big fan of his, as he may believe, and he needs to grow up. Not everyone will always be on your side Justin Bieber. Most of modern day society is growing to be over-sensitive, but I do agree with the statement that the Holocaust is a sensitive topic and no one should take it for advantage like Justin Bieber did. Shame on him.

• Distinctly- and ignorant, self-centered statement.

The little twit destroyed the gravity of a serious historical issue- the freaking Holocaust- to make the visit about him.

Anne Frank was a tremendously brave young woman, whose writing showed a maturity beyond her years. I doubt highly she would have been silly enough to be a fangirl for a talentless teenage hack like Bieber.

• No, he wasn't.

No, I don't think Justin Bieber was wrong for what he wrote at the Anne Frank house. People have been really jumping on him for every single thing he has done lately, and I don't think this is really as controversial as people are seemingly making it to be. He was just hoping she would have been a fan. That is all.

• I don't think it was wrong.

• I don't think it was wrong.

• He meant well with what he said

Justin Bieber is one of those people who can't say something a little wrong without the whole world jumping on him about it. It wasn't necessarily smart to say it the way he did but he meant it well. He didn't mean it to be offensive in any way. If the comment he made was so disrespectful, the anne frank house wouldn't have posted it. And anyways, justin meant that he wishes that a great role model and girl she was to be a fan of his would've been an honor and he would've been honored to meet a wonderful person such as herself. Sometimes the words he says get taken the wrong way and its pathetic how much hate he got for it. His own manager is jewish and comes from a jewish family. He himself never was offended by it and anne frank's own sister said he meant well. So calm down.

• I feel like this was taken out of context

Unlike what gossip sites want you to think, the entire think was taken out of its context, in the end, it seems that lies and broken quotes dictate the "truth" here was the full entry: "Truly inspiring to be able to come here. Anne was a great girl. Hopefully she would have been a belieber."

The media made him look like the bad guy by cutting that quote into that said context, he is saying this really "Anne was amazing, it wouldve been an honor if she was a fan of mine, because she was that incredible!" Sure, I hate biebers music as much as the next guy, but seriously, this issue wasnt that big enough to begin with, and it certainly was made big through lies.

• On the fence