• More than Gen X

Kurt Cobain resonates with each new generation. As one gets older one's musical appreciation often widens. I remember growing up on the music of my youth then exploring earlier legends like Chuck Berry, Buddy Holly etc and finding relevence in their music. So it is with Kurt, generations will grow up without experiencing the times he lived in but will continue to discover him and his music. Like all the greatest artists his music was so perfectly created it cannot be improved upon, it was created perfectly and with total dedication and love.

• Nirvana's impact was huge. None has been as big as theirs ever since...

What other artist had such an impact as Kurt? Even to this day he is talked about 22 years later! There may have been great rock musicians after, but none are as good or as impacting or as beautiful as what Nirvana has done. They took a whole damn genre of music and made it huge. Music was never the same when he left us. God bless you Kurt!

• No question he is

Cobain spoke to a generation that literally was called Generation X because of the Grunge scene that spoke for teens dealing with adolescence. Kurt most importantly was named Rolling Stone's Artist of the Decade for the 90's. That alone signifies his importance to music alone. There have been great icons since then but none on that significant level.

• Very much so

The difference between him and others being mentioned is simple. When people say the name Kurt cobain he is put in a category with people like jimi Hendrix and Jim Morrison. He spoke for an entire culture and forced other bands to change there style so they didn't fall off the map. Hell I seen an interview with Metallica where Lars said how clear it was that nirvana would change the industry for ever. Doesn't matter if you like the music, if your a fan of music or culture in general you would respect what he did and the fact that 20 years later were still talking about him and what he did!! The good news is we are in another streak of horribly bland and manufactured music being made just like Kurt managed to end. So maybe keep your fingers crossed that the next Kurt cobain is writing the songs that can bring music back to what it use to be and actually require talent.

• Yes, as of this writing..

Although it is totally subjective. Marilyn Manson is a rock star, no? What about any number of scene stealers? Great however? Kurt didn't have pretension in his marrow. He didn't sing for the ladies or the judges. He unleashed his ferocity, wounds, bile and all. He trashed hotel rooms, played with death, smashed guitars like it was the end of the world and yet.. He'd write beautiful and simplistic melodies like few could. And he affected people. He got to people. His story -- the unbelievable success story and the tragic end -- is for the ages. Whether you like his music or hate it, his life through the rock star lenses has shaped culture. That makes him great as opposed to many other rock stars and I can't think of anyone since.

• Absolutely! Without a doubt!

There has never been anyone who had such a vast influence since. I was a teenager when nirvana exploded onto the scene and they changed my, and my friend's life and music forever in a way that has never been done since. "Grunge" although I hate the word was the last musical revolution the world has seen. Since then music turned to crap! Since the 2000's on rock is basically dead and no Jack White and The strokes or The Black Keys are not rock stars and can't even begin to compare to the genius of Kurt Cobain and Alice In Chains, Soundgarden, Pearl Jam. I love you Kurt! I will always cherish your music till the day I die! RIP

• Yeah yeah yeah

I think rock star needs to have raw energy, true passion and pure talent, and on the other hand a dark side, living on the edge, destruction, drugs and fear. After Kurt no one had thoose quallities. Jack White could be, but he's just too "clean" to be that kind of rock star we want them to be.

• Yeah yeah yeah

• Yes he was

Kurt was the only great rock star that came out of the 90s i don't like nirvana but he certainly was an icon and a voice of a generation and was larger than life! Too bad he couldn't deal with this rockstar and life and died!! Hell of a man

• I believe so

The organic interruption Nirvana caused in the music industry, media and culture can not be compared to by any other artist since them. Do some research listen to their music, read their story, Just look up any Rolling Stone,TIME magazine and any other Greatest Artist list of All Time. Nirvana will be there and continue to be there. Inducted into RocknRoll Hall of Fame and Music is inducted into National Recording Registry. These are certifications of greatness. Kurt Cobain is a legend.

• Many have come since

I never cared for Kurt Cobain and think there have been many new rock stars since. The many celebrities might not be a "rock star" in the sense of a member in a rock band, but there have been many singers who have reached rock star status in whatever genre they are in.

• Kurt Cobain is the last Rock Megastar, but not the last real rockstar. Kurt was the 2nd to last. Bradley Nowell of Sublime

Bradley Nowell of Sublime was the last rock star that has become an icon. He died of a heroine overdose in San Fransisco in 1996, 2 years after Kurt. Ironically, He was just 1 year over the infamous 27 club. He mainstreamed reggae rock with "What I Got" and others, but also changed the Punk Rock scene forever. Everyone still talks about him all the time, especially where Im from (the coast), thus he is the last rock icon who really rocked hard and rocked the hardcore rockstar lifestyle, sadly heroine claimed him as well, and his music will join Kurt Cobains in history. But, you can't deny, Sublime was and still is a very popular band, or at least some of there songs continue to played mainstream. Bradley had extrememly distinct vocals, just as unique as Kurts if not more, Bradley voiced can and will never be matched. If you wanna see Bradley in full blown punk rock, out i suggest you look up "Sublime-All You Need"

• What about Jack White?

Jack White is. What he has done is amazing and should be consider as one of the most powerful musician of the 21st century. He has the attitude, the popularity and the talent. Long live to rock and its babies. Also, should Dave Grohl be considered? He need some consideration

• Kurt Cobain Not Last

I do not believe Kurt Cobain will be the last great rock star. Music is not dying and styles never tend to fully fade away. I'm sure rock music will survive this century and possibly many more to come. I believe this leaves ample opportunity for more musicians to obtain the great title of Rock Star.

• No not even close

Nirvana, a great band yes but kurt cobain was not the last great rockstar i'm sorry but to even put great in front of his name is kinda ridiculous they had maybe 4 actual good songs now lets take a classic rewind the beatles have the greatest chart records in the history of music they also have the most number one hits on the charts and have sold millions of albums world-wide when john lennon died music changed if he were alive today music may have been totally different he was one of the greatest figures in ending the Vietnam war so now let me skip ahead lets look at say Muse muse is a great "Rock" band they originated in the UK and started at the age of 13 the last year London chose them to make a theme song for the Olympics "survival" they have quite a few hit songs Uprising. resistance,Survival,Knights of cydonia,starlight,madness,panic station ,and Mk ultra pretty impressive i would say, one other thing remember me talking about the beatles yeah guess what ringo starr and paul are still alive so id they were ranked best band ever! then no kurt cobain is not the last great rockstar there will be more and many greats are still alive ZZ top, Ozzy, Ringo and Paul, Hal and Oats, Simon and Garfunkel, Elton John, Eddy money, and many others. thus i finish my statement

• No, Kurt Cobain is not the last great rock star.

Kurt Cobain with out a doubt is one of the great rock stars, but he is not the last one. Not only have there been great rock stars since him, there will be more to come. There are new and amazing artists everywhere just waiting for their big break. Just because we may not have heard them yet doesn't mean they don't exist.

• No, Kurt Cobain was not the last great rock star because there have been many after him who have exceeded his talents.

While I loved Kurt, his music, his persona, and his looks, I do not believe he is the last great rock star. I think he, like many before and after him, had talent and the stage presence that made him a rock star. However, it is too big of a statement to say he is the last great one. There are many artists after him who have written awesome songs, have a similar stage presence, and who are even vocally better than Cobain.