• The Good in Lincoln

Lincoln was a good man, and because he was a good man who held office at a very dangerous and terrible time in American history, he was a great president. He achieved much during his short time in office, and probably would have been able to spare the US from the horrors of the Reconstruction if he had lived to serve his complete second term.

• Of course he was

Abraham Lincoln guided us through the Civil War. He was a good man, thought slavery was evil, and got rid of slavery. He listened to his gut and what was morally right. If you say no you are an idiot. He also was fair as a lawyer and did not charge what he thought his clients did not owe him. God bless Abraham Lincoln.

• Ignorant non educated people !

Have you people even studied history ? " Lincoln did the morally right thing." He might not have been for slavery , but he did not care about the slaves .

"If I could save the Union without freeing any slave, I would do it; if I could save it by freeing all the slaves, I would do it; and if I could save it by freeing some and leaving others alone, I would also do that . . . My paramount object in the struggle is to save the Union, and is not to either save or destroy slavery"
    Abraham Lincoln, Letter to Horace Greeley, August 22, 1862
    (The Emancipation Proclamation was issued a month later, effective January 1, 1863)

It was always about the union !

Your assuming this man was generous , but the was the result of Mr. Lincoln tryin to tax the south . Anyone who looks at him as a hero is ignorant .

We were not rebels; we did not fight to perpetuate human slavery, but for our rights and privileges under a government established over us by our fathers and in defense of our homes.”

-Colonel Richard Henry Lee, C.S.A.

SCREW LINCOLN

• Ignorant non educated people !

It was always about the union !

-Colonel Richard Henry Lee, C.S.A.

SCREW LINCOLN