• Yes they were!

There were NO cell phones, which means you couldn't call 911, or your parents for safety. Keeping in touch also is easier and travel is easier and cheaper. Women weren't expected to get jobs. And there was no BAND, no MAKEUP to those girls who wear it all the time, and there wasn't gym, which is good for our health. When you were a teenager, and you became a hippie, you would break important family bonds. There was more drugs back then. There still are today, but there was more back then like marijuana, molly, (e.T.C...) Less homework=Not a good college=No nice job=being homeless, not a nice life. So, thats why I think now is a much better place to live than in the 60s.

• In some ways, it was

When it comes to technology and a quality of life, the 60s were worse. But when it comes to income equality, and from that standpoint, quality of life, the 60s were far better. Things in many ways are getting worse in the United States than getting better, for some very systematic reasons.

• Better life to live

Acid and marijuana made people alot happier and made people see many different pieces of life they havent found. Marijuana makes people a lot happier and enjoy each other more. Acid helped you find out what there was more to find inside of you. Jobs were mainly for the men. Wage was cheap therefore things were cheap. Easy lives. Not much stress. Global warming wasnt there.

• Better life to live

• No jobs ,no opportunity, too white

In the 60s and 70s I went to large state university, The tuition was a couple of hundred dollars. I got a great education and thought that if I studied hard and made the grade, that I would get a good job that would last for a long time until retirement.
    I came from a near poverty- level family who worked hard,with good values and loyal to our country and believed in the future.
    I put my self through school by working at part time jobs in the summer time. My Dad kept us all in good clothes and a nice, but small house, by working in the trades.

Well, I finished college and graduated cum laude, with a double major in chemistry and mathematics,. I went from there to one of the best graduate schools in the world, ranked # 5 overall in the world, I got my phd and expected to find a good job. I worked in various position and small and then a large biotech company.

NOw I have been out of work for 3 years and cannot find a job. MY two sons ~ 30 cannot get jobs other than minimum wage jobs. If they can find them. Both exceptionally bright and hard workking.

My last major employer , after working there for 10years, told me one day that I had to give up my job because they had to hire a woman, to my job ( she did nothing and , eventually left the company high and dry ).

Yeah, the 60s and 70s were much better for a low level hispanic dude like myself. I donot believe in the country anymore, nor do I see any future for my family.

I say go Trump go, Make us like we were.

• Was better by far

The 60s had the best economy for the middle class family.
    Only one parent needed to work which promoted a much better and healthy family for kids.
    The morality of our society was much better.
    Kids respected their elders
    The plague of gay people was kept in check and that disgusting lifestyle was not tolerated.
    Houses were affordable back then. 20k would buy you a nice home.
    Cars were much more affordable
    Food was much better for you because most of your food back then came from local sources.
    People usually stayed married in the 60s
    Education was focused more on learning and less on a political ideology
    Some of the greatest music and best muscle cars came from the 60s

• No, living in the 60s was not better than today.

This argument is thrown around alot--wasn't live much simpler back in the days? In some ways they were, but in alot of ways, we could never go back. Civil rights has moved way to far to be even remotely compatible with what we perceive socially and culturally. Technology has shifted in such an integral part of our lives that it is beyond comparison. And environmentally, our plans for the future are working to reverse many of the inadequate, bureacratic transportation and land use decisions of that time.