Was Martin Shkreli's purchase of Wu-Tang album only a show of financial power (yes) or the actions of an actual music fan (no)?

• Millionaire Martin Shkreli Makes Another Public Mistep After Buying $2 Million Wu-Tang Album

Millionaire Martin Shkreli, founder of Retrophin pharmaceutical, has been known for his somewhat surprising interest in rap music, supporting a number of musicians since striking it rich. But recently, he has become better for known for price gouging the anti-parasitic drug Daraprim, which has been used to treat patients with Malaria and other life-threatening illnesses. Shkreli raised the price of the drug from $13.50 a pill to $750, sparking widespread outrage across the country. But instead of lying low, Shkreli could not resist publicly flaunting his wealth to buy a one-of-a-kind $2 million-dollar Wu-Tang album. A music fan? Yes, perhaps. But still a classless display of financial power from an already controversial figure.

• It is Only Business

Martin Shkreli's purchase of the one and only Wu-Tang album was only a show of financial power.
    For the people who give millions of dollars for an album even if it is the only one it is only business ,
    as everything else is.For Martin Shkreli it is for sure.

• Wu-Tang Album Grabs Attention

I think Martin Shkreli's purchase of the Wu-Tang album was an attempt to improve his public image and ingratiate himself with members of the lower class. Martin Shkreli very well may be a fan of hip-hop and Wu-Tang but I'm skeptical that could be the only motivation he had when making the decision to buy.

• Rich Fan pays

I think that Martin Shkreli is an honesty fan. He enjoys rap music and listening to the Wu-Tang clan. With a lot of money comes the abliity to make decisions that a middle class earner would never be able to make. For example large purchases that may seem frivolous. While I don't think that Shkreli bought the album as a way to show his financial power, I think the fact that he purchased it has the effect of power.