Was Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children a disappointing movie?

• If you love the books or good movies, you'll hate it.

I read all the of the books in the series. I was thrilled that the movie was coming out. As a reader, you can expect to find things that are disappointing in the movie version. It comes with the territory, but this was SO FAR from the heart of the actual book, that I just sat there totally upset the entire time!
    From a movie lovers point of view, I was STILL disappointed. I'm by no means an expert, but I did spend some time studying film. There was no real plot, it just seemed to carry on and jump around rather than giving you a good story line or time to connect with characters. I understand you can't stick with all of the details in a book as a filmmaker, because some things just won't translate well to film, but this was horrible.

Overall if they'd stuck with the details and storyline and the way everything was thought out in the books to make a semi complicated concept of time and these strange, but wonderful characters work, it'd have been as great of film as it was a read, but in my complete honest opinion this was horrendous.

• It was disappointing.

I didn't mind him changing up the characters but he messed up the workings of the peculiar world. He forced it to become a stand-alone film to serve himself. If Fox wanted it to be franchise, Tim Burton was a bad choice. Alfonso Cuaron would have been better, Azkaban anyone?

• It was disappointing.

• This was not the book we read

Very disappointing! My family listened to the series while on a 10 day road trip it was wonderful! My kids ages 9-14 enjoyed it just as much as my husband and I did. So confused on why this movie ruined the book. I understand some changes but changing the characters? Why? There was so much potential :( let down

• There was no plot.

Home for Peculiar Children had an interesting premise, but ultimately there was no substance to the plot.. They also didn't take time to fully develop the characters. Jack's character seemed like a reincarnation of Willy Wonka, with a cross of mystery, such as in the Lion, Witch and the Wardrobe. It was a rehash of other movies.

• Yes, it was.

The movie Miss Peregrine's home for peculiar children was disappointing. This is simply because the devoted fans of the Ransom Riggs’ popular young-adult novel might be disappointed by the film’s many swerving from the book. Therefore this might make the thoroughly enjoyable movie nonetheless hard to sell movie. Hence it is disappointing.

• "Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children" was a flop

Tim Burton's latest film, "Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children," was incredibly disappointing. It did not stick to the source material at all, and Burton's aesthetic is getting both tired and repetitive. I did not find anything about the movie that was enjoyable, and I will discourage others from seeing it.

• Even though it

Even though it is different from the book it was a gorgeous film and fascinating story. It was quite amazing to see the effects of the film and how they switched out Emma and olive's peculiarities and how that all played out. I loved the symbolism and it was very entertaining, being funny, yet serious throughout the film.

• No, it was not.

I have just finished watching. The story was somewhat (to put it lightly) different from the books but it's a great film nonetheless.Though there were some changes, I still loved the ending . I hope there's a part 2 (well by the ending of the movie, you can tell there's a part2) I hope my feeling is right.