Was NBC influenced by the US government to remove foreign correspondent Ayman Mohyeldin?

• I think it's a possibility that yes, the government did have an impact.

The government controls the media, because that's how the government communicates and sways the opinions of the people of this country. The media determines our perspective on a lot of hot topics and depending on the source, can definitely impact the type and amount of information we're given on any given subject. With that being said, the face of the media is definitely something the government would take into consideration.

• No, I don't believe so.

I don't think the government had anything to do with his removal. I think that NBC was worried about ratings because the journalist always offered a positive or sympathetic view of Palestinians in Gaza and their feared that there would be backlash from their viewers. I don't think the government cares if this man is on TV.

• No, they were not.

No matter what kind of influence the US government has given, the decision is ultimately up to NBC to remove the correspondent. Whether or not the decision was a correct one, the government has not made the ultimate decision. In the case of the government influencing to remove a correspondent, they should not get involved with who the media has to work for them.

• No,goverment was not to blame

I truly don't think that the US Government influenced NBC to remove him. I think they were worried about ratings and had other reasons, and just because of his race and background was made into a bigger deal by people looking for a story. I think that NBC just made the move themselves and people are just looking for conspiracy theories.

The_Immortal_Emris says2014-07-22T16:14:17.613
Notice all of the answers are anonymous. Nothing fishy about that.