Was NBC right to dismiss Jamie Horowitz, the executive in charge of the 'Today' show?

• Yes, NBC was right to dismiss Jamie Horowitz, the executive in charge of the 'Today' show.

Yes, NBC was right to dismiss Jamie Horowitz, the executive in charge of the 'Today' show. The advantage of being the boss is that you can dismiss anyone at anytime for any reason as long as you are willing to pay them out. I see nothing wrong with NBC making this move.

• No, NBC was not right to dismiss Jamie Horowitz

I think that NBC made the wrong decision in letting go Jamie Horowitz, the executive in charge of the 'Today' show. I do not think that the problems with the show had anything to do with Horowitz. They had been second in ratings for like two years. I think that there may be more to this story.

• New blood isn't always a good thing

From the articles I've read, NBC seems to have been in the right in their decision to terminate Jamie Horowitz. Workplaces, especially in the news business is stressful enough without having an executive causing more stress and animosity amongst fellow staff. To me, asking fellow staff who should be terminated is a power play.

• Jamie Horowitz, Newly Hired to Oversee ‘Today,’ Is Fired at NBC

The argument against Jamie Horowitz may be one sided. The facts may be clouded by NBC. He was initially brought in to bring the Today Show ratings up. What happened in the short time that he was there to bring on his having to leave? There just isn't enough evidence to justify it.