Was Obama wrong for taking a selfie at Nelson Mandela's memorial service?

• NOT at a funeral!!!!!

Regardless of how you feel of his political views, their is never an exception to the rule that self glorification and self promotion at someone Else's memorial/Funeral. The world was watching this lunacy unfold before them. You are the commander and chief of the free world and your taking selfies like a kid on spring break.

• Does not matter,

The president is the USA's figure head. Everyone looking at Obama today taking a selfie is wondering what was going through his mind, selfies are pictures to be taken by adolescent girls to post on their facebook pages. Not by the leader of one of the most powerful nations in the world.

• Funerals/memorials are not a time for pictures.

It's a time to honor the deceased. I also do not approve of cell phones or talking during the services. If you can't act like a civilized human being don't go. He was representing our nation at this event which means he should have acted better. What is he, 10? Apparently someone needs to teach him proper manners at memorials/funerals.

• Memorial services are not a place for selfies - ever.

When you go to a memorial service or funeral - for a close relative or even a neighbor you barely knew - there is no reason your camera should be out and snapping photos of yourself. The memorial service is about the person who it is memorializing - not to put a filter on your face just because you might look good that day. Nelson Mandela deserves better - and Obama should know better.

• No, I don't think so.

Some people might say it was a bit crass and rude to take a selfie at such a solemn event. I can see where those people are coming from, but I don't agree with them. I think that it is nice when you can spread joy during a funeral. I feel that Nelson Mandela would have approved.

• It's a Selfie

This was a celebration of Mandela's life not the typical somber funeral. Selfies are not just for adolescent girls selfies are a way to take a picture with other people. If it was anyone else it would've been fine. These people are not smiling at the fact that Mandela is dead but rather they are celebrating unity and friendship. People take photos for the remembrance of an event and this an event that should be remembered.

• The atmosphere supported it

The type of event this memorial was didn't seem like a funeral in the standard sense. It was much more like what you would call a rally. Certainly the event was in Mandella's memory, but there wasn't a somber atmosphere, at least as what could be seen from photos. It was a large stadium of people cheering on their departed leader. In this type of event celebrating the life of a man, taking photos isn't as taboo as I feel it would be at a more traditional service.