• Yes, it was Islamic terrorism

I think everyone would agree that the shooting was an act of terrorism by definition. What makes it Islamic is the fact that the shooter was shown to have ties with IS and he justified his attack using Islamic scripture.

When an attack is carried out by a muslim that openly states his Islamic goals and values and uses it to justify his actions, it qualifies as Islamic.

• Yes it was

The orlando shhoting was linked to isis the shooter was from pakistan and theinvestigated by the FBI twice plus he screamed allu akbar before kill 50 people in a gay bar he also called 911 pleging his alligence to isis before the shooting islam was indeed links th the orlando shooting.

• Yes it was

• He pledged allegiance to IS on his 911 call

So, obviously the terrorism stemmed from Islamic ideology. I read that his father said that religion had nothing to do with the attack and that his son was incensed over seeing two men kiss a few days earlier. Well, I call BS on that. People don't just wake up one day and have such a strong hatred for gays that they decide to go to a gay club and slaughter everyone they can. That doesn't make any sense. As human beings, we need to be taught hate. And, frankly, religious beliefs are the underlying reason for the hatred directed at gays (I'm sure that there is a small minority of people who hate gays that have no religious affiliation, I just haven't encountered them yet).

• Yes, I believe that the Orlando shooting was an act of Islamic terrorism.

Yes, I believe that the Orlando shooting was an act of Islamic terrorism because the killer Omar Mateen dialed 911 and pledged allegiance to ISIS before committing the massacre. People have to be careful about calling these heinous crimes radical Islam instead of just Islam. I think that these terrorist organizations are corrupting Islamic teachings and causing Western society to think that Muslims all share the radical beliefs of these terrorists.

• Orlando shooting an act of Islamic terrorism

The shooting in Orlando is an act of Islamic terrorism. The shooter pledged his allegiance to the group, and targeted a gay establishment in order to kill homosexuals that did not conform to he rigid religious views. Evidence is mounting about his Islamic terrorist roots and support for the group.

• No, the Orlando shooting was not an act of Islamic terrorism

No, the Orlando shooting was not an act of Islamic terrorism. The Orlando shooting seems more like a hate crime against gays. Furthermore, there is no evidence that the shooter had a connection to Islamic terrorist sects. The fact that the shooter is Middle eastern does not make the crime Islamic terrorism.

• We Don't Know if It was Islamic terrorism

No, we can't say the Orlando shooting was an act of Islamic terrorism. It was definitely a terrorist act and the shooter did claim allegiance to the leader of Isis. However, that doesn't mean any group is responsible for the attack. If a shooter were to claim allegiance to the Pope, we would not say it was an act of Christian terrorism.

Vox_Veritas says2016-06-13T17:52:26.577
It doesn't necessarily reflect the nature of the Islamic religion, but it was most definitely an act of Islamic terrorism.
ladiesman says2016-06-13T21:46:29.950
I think it might be a combination of a terrorist attack and a hate crime.