• He was a registered sex offender for five years... How is it that he was merely cautioned by police?

I like The Who's music. I don't love it, but I like it. Still, I read that Operation Ore conducted their investigations based upon whether or not the suspects who's credit cards were used to buy the child porn actually possessed child porn or jad searched for it. Pete's search history showed he had looked it up, then he says he was researching it. What on Earth would an old rock star need to research anything for? It wasn't like he was in college. He most likely concocted this story in case he was ever caught. And, he could've been the type to not save files to his computer, just look. Or, he may've had an offsite storage device that the police didn't find. Bottom line is, out of 3700 ppl arrested, nearly 1800 were found in possession of it. That's about half, pretty solid statistics. I would say most of those not charged either kept their kiddy porn offsite or jist viewed it and wiped their history. There were a few instances of stolen credit cards being used, but not enough to rule out Pete's guilt. Once he realized there were reports being made that stolen cards were used, he jumped on the bandwagon. But, with the kind of money he has, what is the likelihood that someone would steal his card number to only buy child porn? Slim to none. They would've cleaned him out, causing him to take notice and immediately call to get the card cancelled and report fraud. But, he did not do such a thing. He is absolutely guilty, no doubt about it. Pete Townsend is full of B.S. But, money talks, B.S. Walks.

Posted by: YggY
  • He was a registered sex offender for five years... How is it that he was merely cautioned by the police?

I like The Who's music. I don't love it, but I like it. Still, I read that Operation Ore conducted their investigations based upon whether or not the suspects who's credit cards were used to buy the child porn actually possessed child porn or had searched for it. Pete's search history showed he had looked it up, then he says he was researching it. What on Earth would an old rock star need to research anything for? It wasn't like he was in college. He most likely concocted this story in case he was ever caught. And, he could've been the type to not save files to his computer, just look. Or, he may've had an offsite storage device that the police didn't find. Bottom line is, out of 3700 ppl arrested, nearly 1800 were found in possession of it. That's about half, pretty solid statistics. I would say most of those not charged either kept their kiddy porn offsite or jist viewed it and wiped their history. There were a few instances of stolen credit cards being used, but not enough to rule out Pete's guilt. Once he realized there were reports being made that stolen cards were used, he jumped on the bandwagon. But, with the kind of money he has, what is the likelihood that someone would steal his card number to only buy child porn? Slim to none. They would've cleaned him out, causing him to take notice and immediately call to get the card cancelled and report fraud. But, he did not do such a thing. He is absolutely guilty, no doubt about it. Pete Townsend is full of B.S. But, money talks, B.S. Walks.

• He was a registered sex offender for five years... So, how was it that he was merely cautioned by police?

• Imagine it were you or I.

A grown man uses the internet to purchase child pornography in the 21st century, yet people take up for him? Laughable, yet also very sad. That he wrote a few little ditties that soundtracked your youth is no excuse. Glitter became a hate figure for it in 1997, but Townshend's crime gets brushed under the carpet because he has rock 'n' roll street cred.

The man is a paedophilic sex offender. PLAIN AND SIMPLE.

• He had that child porn in his posession.

You bet your behind he was guilty. Pete Townshend was caught red-handed with child porn and the only reason that he got away with it is because his top market attorneys paid dearly for a public relations form to convince investigators he was doing it for an independent investigation. Yeah, right! Just another way the rich are different from you and I.

• Yes, Pete Townshend is guilty of child porn.

Of course he is guilty! He admitted he was guilty. Then he claimed he was researching a book, then protecting his son. He used a credit card that was traced to him. He admitted to viewing child porn in his hotel room. There was so much evidence to find him guilty. His star status should never be taken into account.

• Yes, he was, he was convicted in court.

All I need to prove that he was guilty of this terrible, terrible crime is to look at court records and see that he was indeed convicted of such a thing. The government is not in the business of charging and convicting innocent people, so I highly doubt he was innocent.

• Yes, He Was.

I think that it is fair to say that Pete Townshend is indeed guilty of the crimes which he was charged with committing. He was found guilty in court by a jury of his peers, and here in the United States of America, that is enough to be considered very guilty.

• It was research?!?

He didn't go to court, because he was "exhausted". He used a credit card to access the porn account. Is the money from his book going towards child sex victims? No. So what's all that nonsense about trying to help sex victims? The man was rich and famous so he got away with it.

• He wassnt charged he was only cautioned.

Yeah everybody loves to point the finger and shout paedo dont they? "Of course he is guilty" every twit is saying. How do you know? There was no porn found on his PC and he was only given a police caution and not charged? The Legal system didnt find him not guilty but you would rather believe the first half of the story the papers give you and not do someone the service of doing the full-reading up on the matter.

• No evidence in his hard drive

Pete Townsend is a good man who has donated to many charities, there was no evidence found on his hard drive of any downloads, theoretically he broke the law by paying to enter a site, which is why he was cautioned, people need to look beyond what the media publish and base their judgements on the real facts