Was Pierre Trudeau the primary force behind the defeat of the referendum on Quebec sovereignty?

• Pierre was the primary force

Pierre Trudeau was the primary force behind the defeat of referendum on Quebec sovereinty. He is such a powerful force when it come to Canadian politics that his influence is very strong. When he was against it from the beginning, the referendum was set for failure from day one on.

• Yes, He played an important role in defeating the Quebec sovereignist

Yes, he was the main one that made this all get defeated and struck
    down. I think that he knew what he was doing, and that he knew what the
    best route for them to take was, and that he did the right thing in
    making it all go away.

• yes he was

yes, he was the main one that made this all get defeated and struck down. I think that he knew what he was doing, and that he knew what the best route for them to take was, and that he did the right thing in making it all go away.

• It's public opinion.

No, Pierre Trudeau was not the primary force behind the defeat of the referendum on Quebec sovereignty, because the public does not support the referendum. The public's opinon is not because of Trudeau's influence. Rather, they would oppose the referendum on their own because they like being a unified nation. If they were not unified, there would not be as many Tim Horton's and that would be a shame.

• No, Pierre Trudeau was not the reason for the defeat of the referendum of Quebec sovereignty.

I do not believe that Pierre Trudeau was the reason or primary force behind the defeat of the referendum of Quebec sovereignty. I think the defeat of the idea of Quebec becoming its own country was more so due to the opinions of the people. While there are a lot of people in Quebec who want to be an independent country, there are also those who do not.