• He was a leader.

Richard Attenborough was one of the greats in cinema, because he provided a lot of leadership in the arts. He was the President of the Royal Academic of Dramatic Arts, which is a huge accomplishment. My favorite Richard Attenborough piece was when he was in the remake of Miracle on 34th Street. I love the remake more than the original.

• Yes, I think Richard was one of the greats.

Yes, I think Richard was one of the greats. I think he was a wonderful and important man in Hollywood and should be celebrated. I feel that his work and important will never be forgotten by anyone who truly knew him. i think he has had a fantastic career in cinema.

• Richard Attenborough was definitely one of the greats of cinema.

Richard Attenborough was definitely one of the greats of cinema. It is always a shame when someone like Attenborough dies because they are the remnants of a golden age of Hollywood that we can never return to. It is nice to know that some of these folks are still alive to make us remember the past, but everyone misses the great Attenborough.

• No I wouldn't classify Richard Attenborough as one of the "greats of cinema."

No I can't honestly say that I would classify Richard Attenborough as one of the "greats of cinema." However was a very skilled and talented director and should be remembered as such. The two Academy Awards he won for 'Gandhi' (in 1983) were well deserved and reflect the esteem in which he was held by the industry.