Was Sen. Joni Ernst the right person to deliver the GOP rebuttal to Obama's State of the Union Address?

• Yes, I think so.

Yes, I think that Sen. Joni Ernst was the right person to deliver the GOP rebuttal to Obama's State of the Union Address becaue he has been around for a long time and I do think it was his time and place to say his thoughts and the ideas he has come up with

• Heck, I'd give a better rebuttal

First off, no, I did not watch the State of the Union Address, and no, I did not watch the Republican response to the address. In general, I don't have enough interest and trust in our current government to care. Virtually every politician makes more money than the average American, and yet they (if you're catching on, you'll know who ''they'' are) are the ones making all of the laws for us. And personally I don't feel that politicians have enough interest to care about all of the issues they are raised with because at the end of the day it's all about the $$$, and it's the sad reality that we're left facing.

Posted by: S.K
  • I'm not sure

I am mostly just neutral on this topic, because I am not big on politics either. But from what I'm seeing Joni Ernst is not exactly a well known politician which makes me think they should have used someone more known in that area, it's kind of odd to bring in a freshman.

• No, she was robotic and out of touch.

Joni Ernst represented everything that is wrong with the Republicans. Her delivery was staged, robotic, and condescending. The attempts she made to characterize herself as a regular working American were laughable. Her focus on archaic right-wing talking points like abortion was completely out of touch given the nature of President Obama's speech.

• No, Sen. Joni Ernst was not overall the correct person for the GOP's State of the Union Address rebuttal.

Although I disagree with Rand Paul on his views regarding the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP), which is a bi-partisan attack on our constitutional republic, I believe he would've been much better for delivering the GOP rebuttal than Joni Ernst. My other choice would've been Walter Jones, who like Paul, is more politically-aligned with myself. Joni Ernst was difficult to listen to as well because of her delivery unfortunately.