• They were prepared where it mattered.

There was a lot of talk in the beginning of the Olympics about how unprepared they were. Mostly from reports of unfinished hotels for journalists. But as the competition showed, they were prepared where it counts. The venues looked absolutely flawless, for the most part. And the hotels were nearly almost finished by the time the games ended.

• Yes, Sochi was prepared for the Olympics.

While Sochi did face a few problems in the beginning stages of the Olympics, overall, I think that they were prepared the games. A lot of their venues were able to function without any problems. And I think that the Winter Olympics in Sochi was actually proven to be successful.

• Sochi wasn't prepared for the Olympics

If the stories and news reports that I've seen can be believed - and I've no reason to disbelieve them - then Sochi most definitely was not prepared for the 2014 winter Olympics. I've heard of hotel rooms partly finished, ongoing construction of at some of the sites of competition, and a general lack of order to the entire proceedings.

• No, Sochi was not prepared for the Olympics

No, Sochi was not properly prepared for the Olympics. Sochi was, by all accounts, a complete disaster. There were reports of light bulbs missing, door knobs falling off, a lack of food for athletes not to mention an missing Olympic ring during the opening ceremonies. There were rumors that U.S. snowboarder Shaun White pulled out of one event because the course was too dangerous! Russia was by no means a good choice for the Olympics. It's very peculiar that the International Olympic Committee picked Sochi in the first place, along with some of they're other recent and near future choices. It seems to have more to do with the IOC is getting in terms of backroom deals than the good of the Olympic Games.