• It was peace time in America!

In the years 1993 to 2001 America was at peace with the world. Clinton was president. With the exception of the sex scandal, President Bill Clinton was able to keep American people calm. There was not a lot of talk about guns and violence. Computers and cell phones (texting, skyping, facebook ect...) hadn't taken over human communication. When Bush entered office (before Clinton) violence, guns and terroist/war came with him. After Clinton another Bush ( the son of the first one) came and again he brought violence, guns and terroist/war. The 90's was good!

Posted by: JRM
  • Yes for the 90's

The 90's was the best decade ever thanks to many things. First the technology boom exploded in the 90's with inventions like laptops, cell phones and Internet. Also, the music generation brought us chart topping singers like Rob Thomas, Gwen Stefani and Beyonce. Boy bands were at an all time high in the 90's with groups like Backstreet Boys and NSync. Unemployment was low and the budget was balanced. Yes, my friends, the 90's was a wonderful decade and a era that is longed for again.

• Yes it was

Yes, I would have to agree that the '90s was the best decade ever. Here in the United States, we had Bill Clinton as our president at the time, we had amazing '90s cartoons and the Internet was the crazy thing that it has evolved into today. It was simply a better time.

• Wonderful time to grow up

I was born in 1984 and while I vaguely remember the 80s, I did most of my growing up in the 90s. First off, pop culture was pretty amazing. I got to grow up with and enjoy the 8-bit, 16-bit, and 32/64-bit era and ended with the beginning of the 128-bit era with the Dreamcast and PS2. The music departed away from the tinny and cheesy sounding 80s to a fuller, richer sound with grunge and alternative acts. Hip hop and rap was fun, but had so much meaning in the lyrics. Sure, we had mishaps like the Oklahoma Bombing and Kosovo, but throughout it all there was a feeling of optimism. Our economy was unbelievably strong. The dot com bubble meant if you were a techie, you could become a millionaire overnight, and if you weren't a techie, you could still invest in a dot com startup and still become a millionaire overnight. People had the Internet by the mid-90s, but everyone was still sociable and spent there time going out to places. You could order stuff online if you wanted, but people still chose brick-and-mortar. The mall was still a lively place to spend your Saturday, and retail did great business.

Basically, humanity and technology were in perfect balance. We didn't have social media, we still called people to catch up with them. And we would've actually met up to exchange ideas and experiences. Computers were still just a tool, not our lives.

Nowadays, everyday seems to be lifeless. We wake up, but never leave our beds except to go to work. We come home just to either drink or do drugs and sit on our couches to jump on social media. Everyone is distrustful of everything and everyone. You turn on the news, and everything involves rioting, our politicians bickering, or people mowing each other down. We live in a time of distrust and fear. Fear of our increasingly inept and corrupt politicians, fear of middle easterners, and fear of each other. We'be given banks and large corporations so much power there is nothing to reel them in from destroying our lives. Jobs are scarce and pay almost nothing while a small handful pocket insane amounts of money from increasing prices without increasing wages along with a lot of shady business practices and deals that screw over the middle class and working class. Sure, it's all been done in the past, but damn has it gotten real bad.

People are more on edge as they are saturated with all of this negativity. Our criminals are getting more and more vicious, causing our police to become more and more vicious.

We live everyday knowing that one mishap will send our world's remaining stability into complete anarchy. We are teetering on the edge, and the people in charge just don't give a shit.

• 90's is not the best decade

While I disagree that 90's was the BEST decade, I do believe it was ONE OF THE BEST. However that is not what the question is. The 90's was a good decade in the way that it was the most developed decade without being overrun with technology. The 90's was more real, down to earth and a more social and fun culture. Although there wasn't really anything in the 90's that stood out from other decades. For example music was good but wasn't much different from the 80's or early 2000's and technology was also similar to the 80's. Therefore 90's was a good and fun decade but definitely not the best.

• 90s awesome decade

The 90s were the best decade. The 90s had the start of Power Rangers, the start of WWE Raw and Smackdown, CatDog, The Ren and Stimpy Show, Rocko's Modern Life, Ahhhh! Real Monsters, The Simpsons popularity skyrocketing, Spongebob Squarepants, King of The Hill, WWF's Attitude Era, Titanic, Dragonheart, 101 Dalmatians: The Series and the beginning of the PlayStation series.

• The 90s was an amazing decade!

Clinton was in office and his presidency was so much better for our country than Bush or Reagan, there's just no comparison! We were thriving economically and there was a feeling of optimism that pervaded the country. Music was a million times better than the utter nonsense that has plagued the new millennium. The psuedo-celebrity syndrome hadn't taken over yet and folks were still communicating face to face, not zombied out in the phantom text city. If I had to choose a decade to camp out in, it would definitely be the 90s...

• Best decade ever

I was born and grew up in the 90s. My earliest memories are from '93 growing up watching Mighty Max and cool cartoons like that. From then on, it just seemed to get better. There were no computers or phones and it was nice to talk to other people. The consoles were simpler and better like with the Super Nintendo and PlayStation One. The music was actually fun and the TV was amazing with Power Rangers and cool cartoons like Beast Wars, Doug, Hey Arnold. The world was so peaceful. I miss the '90s. The '00s, despite all the political turmoil after 9/11, felt like a continuation of the '90s up until 2008 with the recession. It is sad looking back at 2008 as you felt like the good times were well and truly over.

• The 2010's suck ESPECIALLY when compare to the 90's!

First off, music ACTUALLY had decency. Taylor Swift? Try Alanis Morissete. One Direction? Try the Backstreet Boys. 5 Seconds of Summer. Too many alternatives from the 90's *ba dum tss*. Let's see... There was Nirvana, Soundgarden, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Alice in Chains, Green Day, the Offspring, Stone Temple Pilots. Oh, and your precious internet? Well, the 90's were responsible for that. And our economy wasn't crap. And your stupid COD and Halo wouldn't exist without the 90's, which gave birth to not only 3-D gaming, but also the FPS genre. And for TV, the Simpsons was ACTUALLY good. In short, those who think the 2010s were better can go drive their unoriginal "hoverboard", which is just a handle-less Segway, off a cliff. The 90's were peaceful and downright PERFECT!!!

• Pop culture at its finest

The music and the movies were brilliant and fun. Jackie chan made his debut, Jim carry is The Mask, batman movies were chesey and colorful. It seemed like everything was just colorfull. The music was the greatest. Everything from the Prodigy to deftones, alanis morisette, incubus, chumbawumba, smash mouth, matchbox 20 lol it was the era of one or two-hit wonders and it was an era that cemented artists careers in properity. Oh let's not forget about nickelodeon and Saturday morning cartoons. Power rangers, rockos modern life, ren and stimpy! 90s were the best.

• The 90s on the internet is an obsession. Sorry no decade had ever been perfect.

Most see the 90s as the best time because they where little kids (I was by the way) it was a time of innocence, not a care in the world all the things we do now are the things our parents did. Children of every decade will say the same thing. (I don't know why the noughties is so terrible. Every decade had a disaster, just different. Come on dial up had gone, dvds are better than having to rewind your video.)
    I have seen people on forums being attacked if they say they are a 2000s kid or say anything bad about the 90s. That is an obsession.

• 90's is not the best decade

• 90's teen says no

As far as entertainment, it was lousy. Band most associated with it was Nirvana, done by 1994. Biggest tv show was Seinfeld, show about nothing. Movies became Cgi fests with little substance. I was a teen during most of it and remember the increase in school violence, garbage political correctness and the knowledge that I would be worse off than my parents financially during adulthood.

• The 90s wasn't the best decade

I believe this question is based on one's opinion. For me I think the best decade is the decade we are currently in because we have the latest technology that we have ever had and we are able to have the freedom of the moment. Instead of thinking about the past, we see ourselves in the present.

• No, the 90's was not the best decade.

If the question had been, was the 90s a good decade, my answer would be different. The 90's were so peaceful. We weren't at war, the music was "clean," and kids weren't killing other kids. Although, we did have the Columbine shooting in 1999. Since the question was, was the 90's the best decade, I have to say no, I think the 50's beat them completely. Families ate to dinner at a table, they watched TV in the den, they had block parties and went on vacation together. The family unit was so much stronger.