Was the Baptist religion responsible for the Klan?

Asked by: Adam2
  • Though I may not agree with the religion, I will defend anyone who's slandered

The Baptist religion is relatively late in the USA's history -- being only big starting 60, 70 years ago. Lutherans are more responsible for Jim Crow and the Ku Klux Klan. The Baptists were not even a big part of the South until the end of the Jim Crow era.

• So many things happening in our world today!

Why do people post such idiotic and trollish opinion questions? I really am starting to think this sight is 90% trolls and 10% actual critical thinkers that want to dive into current issues of today.
    "Opinions are like assholes. Everybody's got one and everyone thinks everyone else's stinks." The baptist were not responsible.

• No, no, and no.

Of course not!
    Galatians 3:28
    There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is no male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus.
    John 7:24
    Do not judge by appearances, but judge with right judgment.
    Romans 10:12
    For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek; for the same Lord is Lord of all, bestowing his riches on all who call on him.
    Don't even ask. XD