• Yes, it is mostly made up.

Maybe some of the stories are true, for example I can believe that there was a guy named Jesus, and he was a Jew born to Mary and Joseph. Maybe he traveled all around and pretended that he was God for a little while, but I believe that there was a guy named Jesus. He may or may not be the son of God. But I believe that most of the stories in the bible about him are made up, and I believe that most of the Old Testament was made up. Besides, I think most of the Old Testament was meant to be taken metaphorically, not literally. Most of the Bible was made up by SOMEONE.

• May have some historical accuracy, but is mostly made up

Once looked at logically it is physically impossible to fit a pair of every animal species onto a boat made of wood. Also, how can a woman have a child without intercourse? It seems to me Mary made up the story so she wouldn't be stoned to death. Many religious people argue that some parts of the bible are a metaphor. I once asked my religion teacher how we know which parts are meant to be taken literally and the other metaphorically. She answered by saying we can't. Therefore, the bible must be taken literally or metaphorically. If taken metaphorically it destroys the whole Catholic faith, because it is the foundation of such. But it is illogical to be taken literally due to the lack of scientific accuracy, therefore the bible must be made up.

• What I think

I am a Christian and I believe in god and heaven. I also believe in reincarnation as happening for some people, despite that not being a traditional Christian belief. I however do believe most of the bible is made up. Many of the parts, such as the anti gay parts, the being sinful to mix clothes of certain types, someone living in the belly of a whale, are simply not realistic or true, and I believe were made up over time, mostly by hateful people who want to create angst towards certain types of people and create unneccessary fear.

• The vast majority is fiction.

I do not mean to offend anybody when I say that I cannot begin to understand how the Bible can be considered fact. While I am an atheist, I do not have a problem with a belief in God. The Bible however, has no integrity. It is made up of thousands of pages over which many contradictions appear. The Bible seems to be but a mad man's (men's?) dream diary, and there is no evidence to suggest it is anything else. I'm not sure how it is supposed to have found its way into our society - I haven't done my research, but it was either written by a human, and is therefore prone to inaccuracy (see: chronic insanity) or it was delivered to Earth by God on a floating carpet of magic (what?).

I honestly do not mean any offense by what I say, I just find It difficult to comprehend the many assumptions that must be made in order to take the Bible for anything more than gibberish.

• Book For Brainwashing the Masses.

So to the people who follow/"live" by the bible.. I wonder.. WHY?!
    Things written in that book are FICTION beyond our imagination.
    We have NO proof, and honestly all the Church does is point fingers and name us "sinners."
    They wrote that book so we can admit to our wrong and give up our $$.

• It Is Complete Fiction

The stories in the Bible are all made up. The amount of inconsistencies in the Bible are enormous. The only "proof" Christians' have for the Bible being true is that it exists. That is not a real, valid argument. If you actually read the Bible, (Like I have) you will realize how unintelligent it really is. Also, it's full of clichés.

• It has been changing from time to time

The Word of God can't change. It shouldn't contradict with other statements said at different places in one book (Bible) and it shouldn't be having theories which are proven to be wrong by with facts. Bible is confusing how it can help billions to find out answers of their problems and why word of god is so confusing?

• its immoral superstition nonsense

There are so many other books out there with real value. The bible was writen by primitive men who wanted to control the masses with guilt, shame, fear and hate, they did not where the sun went at night, thought the world was flat and would burn you alive if you thought different. The bible asks you to kill in gods name. An all powerfull god can do its own killing. All gods are inventions of men. If you belive in only one god your almost an atheist. God is imaginary. Question everything. Thank you for the question.

• It's a regular book.

A regular book in the sense it was written by a human. Humans which are capable of believing in anything and everything imaginable. I doubt this is anything more than a human(s) writing about something they believed in at the time, and like any mythology stuck around for a while. Just like Zeus and Hercules, God and any prophet are pretty much the same thing.

• Just like every religion

People want to know why the world is here, they look at the sun and want to know what it is. They look at the dirt and want to know how it got there. Groups of people then make up fables and stories so that they do not wonder. They teach these to their children, and the origin of the story is lost but the story itself becomes fact instead of fable. People want to believe it is true but the REAL truth is that it is just as true as unicorns and ancient myths. It is just as true as the lion king or finding nemo. MADE UP

• It is far too complex to have been the work of imagination

Today's bible is actually a collection of 66 texts written by 40 (approximation) different authors over a period of 1600 years. When read as a whole it tells the story of mankind's creation, fall and redemption. To be able to fabricate anything like this is just beyond comprehension and also leads to the question of why?
    Would someone in 500 bc dreaming of world domination create a "religion" just so that centuries later somebody else could bask in its glory?
    We have to ask what would be the motivation for such a thing?

• Evidence shows bible is true

There are a few things that separates the bible from other books. Firstly, it is nearly completely preserved through all the ages it has been through, a remarkable achievement that allows us to see exactly what the writers wrote and not some translators obnoxious interpolation of the texts.

The bible boasts an accuracy none other book can. The first book in the bible ever written, Job, was written in the age of the patriarchs 1700-1900BC, where scientific knowledge was non-existence. Job in this age is the first human to record that the Earth is suspended on nothing. (Job 26:7) Later, Isaiah when Praising God says: "...He who sits above the circle of the earth..." Which was the Hebrew way of indicating that something was spherical in nature. Such facts were not known to people that long ago and there was no such scientific means to confirm the truth of those statements for thousands of years yet. To illustrate the sheer magnitude of what this means, entire civilizations at this point believed differently to these singular people and yet each of these individuals somehow were not affected by the views of their countries, traditions, cultures and religions when by all rights they should have. The ancient Chinese for example, though advanced in their understanding of the world, believed the earth to be square. The Egyptians, the most technologically advanced at the time, thought Earth was a rectangle. Yet the bible states Earths true shape 2230 years before it was confirmed. The fact that the earth was suspended on nothing was proven about 3150 years later, by Nicholas Copernicus in the 16th Century.

Another reason to believe the bible based upon scientific knowledge presented in the bible before its discovery was the fact that there exist currents in the ocean. In fact, Matthew Fontaine Maury who is famous for his discovery of the sea currents records that he went in search of the currents only because they were mentioned in the bible. 'If God said that there are paths in the seas, I am going to find them.' The passage he was referring to was an exert from Psalms 8:8: "The birds of the air,
    And the fish of the sea
    That pass through the paths of the seas." This discovery was made about 2650 years after the writer of Psalms had written it. So how do we explain such amazing accuracy? Divine revelation is really the only logical answer.

That's not all. Evidence of the bible's accuracy is confirmed by archaeology. On a side note, the bible has never been found to be incorrect in any scientific, archaeological, sociological, geological, or any other long word aspect. The bible is only ever confirmed as accurate. Nelson Gluek, a prestigious Jewish Archaeologist, writes: 'It may be stated categorically that no archaeological discovery has ever controverted a biblical reference.' Millar Burrows of Yale university, says, 'Archaeology has in many cases refuted the views and beliefs of the modern critics.' For example The Hittite nation.

• NO NO NO

I believe everything that happened in the Bible. There is no way that someone just created it because they wanted to. Take it this way, How the Earth was created. Scientist say that a big bang created it, The Bible says that God made it. If you don't believe this then fine, it is your belief. But I honestly believe that there is no way that a big bang formed Earth. That every little detail was made the way it is. Like us humans. This "big bang" just magical created a human being, NNNNOOOOO!!!! It took someone with mighty power to create human. Just look at how detailed we are. Sorry for basically preaching at you, but I don't know how else to get it through your head that the Bible is REAL!

• God shows Himself in everything.

I believe that God truly created the universe. As a Presbyterian Christian, I believe that God proves Himself in everything. There is absolutely no way to explain the universe other than God. I don't want to put others down, but many people who answered "yes" have probably never read the Bible. Before presenting an argument against Christianity or any other religion, one should know enough about that religion to present an argument against it. Humans naturally are sinful in nature, and without Jesus Christ to save us, we would be destined for spiritual death. Through providing His son for us, God gave us everything and makes us beautiful.

• Bible is Real

While it may be arguable that some of the stories in the bible are not plausible, it is not arguable that any of the people in the bible existed. It is standard knowledge at this point that Jesus was a real person. A common topic of churches is to talk about the validity of some stories and whether or not they can be interpreted as real or more of a parable to get the point across. Atheists are largely responsible for answering yes to this in my opinion.

• Just think please!

If you think about it logically, why would someone make up the Bible? Money? Fame? Easy life? Popularity? If you look at the writers of the Bible, they were poor, persecuted, EXecuted, and hated by the public.

Let's just think about it. What do you gain from denying God? If he does exist, you are doomed to eternal ETERNAL punishment. If he doesn't, we're all "in the same boat". Do you seriously not get the connection? If God does exist, your disbelief will not disprove him.

Think about it. I'll see you on judgement day.

• No, Nope, No

There is far too much historical evidence to say that everything in the Bible is made up. Even non religious historians have come to admit that the bible has at least some historical evidence to back up its validity. But don't take my word for it and research it yourself.

• Nope nope nope

Nope nope nope Nope nope nope Nope nope nope a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a