Was the death of Osama bin Laden worth the moral price?

• There Was No Other way

If we did not kill Osama Bin Laden, he would have came and killed a lot more than he did on 9/11. We had no other choice but to kill him. He would not have came to the United State willingly or easily. The marines would have had a harder time trying to bring him back alive. Either was he was dieing for killing all those people on 9/11, weather it was death row or the marines

• It Needed To Be Done

The killing of Osama bin Laden was definitely worth the moral price. Now that he is dead, people can take a sigh of relief and know that one of the leaders of terrorism is dead. You cannot put a price on peace of mind. I do not agree with how they killed him but it needed to be done.

• Yes, the death of Osama bin Laden was worth the moral price

The death of Osama bin Laden was worth the moral price. Bin Laden was the mastermind behind the 9/11 attack, which caused thousands of innocent Americans to die. As a result, the death of Osama bin Laden is reasonable and he deserves to be executed for the lives of many more.

• Killing evil people can be justified

I assume that by "moral price," the question is implying that killing is immoral. I believe that murder of innocent people is immoral. But executions of people who have been responsible for deaths of innocents is perfectly moral. Osama bin Laden was responsible for the deaths of thousands of people who did nothing but disagree with his philosophy, and his intent was to murder many more, and to subjugate people to radical Islam. The USA and their allies took the right step in killing him, and the more of his kind we can remove from this earth will be one of the most moral acts we can make.

• How do we justify ending a life?

I negate that the death of Osama bin Laden was worth the 'moral price'. When considering the question, we must also realize that the price is not a unilateral one and the costs extend beyond moral conscious; we can justify his death in terms of security and terms progress, but we cannot justify it in terms of morality.

Human life is a very precious thing, and if we are to justify taking it than we lessen it's value.

• I agree with haightstreet.

The title says it all.

• No, what was the moral price?

It's hard to imagine what moral price can be considered in this one man's death. I suppose it is in how many innocent people were drug into a war and suffered casualties because of our search for him. No, it really wasn't worth that. There is an aspect of the idea of retribution that really makes his death a satisfying one to have accomplished, but a large amount of people suffered along the way to getting him. It is impossible to believe that the elimination of that one man was worth all the suffering that it caused.