Was the enactment of the Affordable Care Act an exercise in government secrecy?

• Find out what's in it!

Yes, the enactment of the Affordable Care Act is an exercise in government secrecy, because we had to pass it so that we could find out what was in it. The ACA was pushed through without even the people voting for it taking the time to read it. The government pushed it on us.

• Enactment of the Affordable Care Act

The enactment of the Affordable Care Act was not an exercise in government secrecy. This was put into place to help those who do not have the means to take care of themselves. forcing anyone to get any type of health care is not right you do not know how well off they are to begine with.

• No, it was pretty transparent.

No, though I've heard the argument that the Act was pushed in when no one was watching. That's funny because I was certainly watching. The bill was placed online weeks and weeks before a vote even occurred and you could watch the vote on CSPAN. If anyone thinks it was done in secret, that person is ignorant.

• I Do Not Think So

I do not believe the enactment of the Affordable Care Act was an exercise in government secrecy. Everything about this bill was quite public and out in the open. When I think of government secrecy issues I think of agencies like the NSA or missions such as those done by the Navy SEALs.