Was the "Family Matters" "Paris Vacation" episode pretty much inspired by "Seinfeld"?

Asked by: Adam2
  • Let me say

When I first saw this episode I was in awe of how bizarre and charlatan this episode was. I mean how weirder could "Family Matters" get. You got Urkel with a new weird invention that teleports you anywhere. Lol
    Even more ironic is that this is exactly like something taken out of a "Seinfeld" episode, just more PG-rated than "Seinfeld" (which is R-rated). All the bizarre Urkel moments is exactly Kramer's type of moments. One of the scenes reminds me of when Newman was chasing Kramer who had the board.
    Damn, what, at that time was, 7 years of "Seinfeld" could do to influence another show (since "Seinfeld" began in 1989, and this "Family Matters" episode aired in 1996, when the eighth season of "Seinfeld" began).