• Yes, it is right.

I am not necessarily convinced that every single possible process - note 'possible' not 'necessary' - was followed. But I am pretty sure she would have been fired. You can't have faculty behaving like that, I'm sorry. I am a massive advocate for freedom of speech but such a defence is not applicable to her in this case, especially since she was denying it to others. You can't badmouth your institution or threaten/assault students and expect to keep your job!

• Yes, Melissa Click's firing was justified.

Melissa Click interfered with a student journalist that had the right to film. Threatening him and trying to "sic muscle" on him were deplorable actions. These actions were criminal in nature, and she cut a deal with local prosecution to avoid jail time. Under these circumstances, her firing was completely justified.

• I agree that her firing is justified

The University of Missouri Board of Curators on Thursday fired a communications professor who was captured on video scrapping with a police officer and a student journalist during campus protests last year.Even if the University agrees that she has right to express her views, but it is not entitled to interfere with the rights of others, to confront members of law enforcement or to encourage potential physical intimidation against a student.

• The firing of Melissa Click was not justifiable

The firing of Melissa Click was not justifiable. She was terminated as Assistant Professor at the University of Missouri after she was caught on video demanding "some muscle" to help remove reporters from a protest. It was the heat of the moment, and she did not advocate anything illegal. She has the right to free speech.