Was the Japanese-American internment justified?

Asked by: Gaerteuth
  • If Mexico had attacked us we'd have put all the Mexicans in camps too.

But these days sending millions of criminal over a porous border doesn't mean anything. Laws? We don't need no stinking laws. In the case of the Japanese, those were actually citizens, and undoubtedly a lot of innocent people were rounded up, but that's the sacrifice you make when you're living in America during a war against (a country that attacked US) Undoubtedly at least a few Japanese spies were rounded up in the process, and a few men can do a lot of damage to America, as we learned on 9-11.

• The Japanese were evil

Look how the Japanese treated the Chinese killing and raping millions of civilians. Look at the way the Japanese treat their POWs... Where soldiers are more likely to die as POWs with the Japanese than with the Nazis. I think it was absolutely justifiable, and is nothing compared to what Japan did to non combatants. The Japanese got what they deserved and as people should be ashamed of their ancestors.

• I think it is justified

I think the United States was protecting the country (people ) . I think that its was difficult ,but The United States was protecting itself from another attack . And I think that Japan did not think of its people who live here in the United States, so I think the action is justified, because it is better for a few years of suffering that the United States or the people who live here do not have freedom. I know God does not like it but it's the way we live

• The Japanese were HOMOSEXUAL man killing demons!

1st) The Japanese created anime so they're proven to be gay with that statement.
    2nd) They worship demons and we all know when you worship demons you become a pan-sexual man killing demon machine!
    3rd) I have already justified all my points above.
    4th) I have fact checked these statements and through thorough study and pondering i have come to the conclusion that these statements are 100% true!

• They can because

America is great because america is goodAmerica is great because america is goodAmerica is great because america is goodAmerica is great because america is goodAmerica is great because america is goodAmerica is great because america is goodAmerica is great because america is goodAmerica is great because america is goodAmerica is great because america is goodAmerica is great because america is good

• It was not so bad

The Japanese bombed Pearl Harbor which caused damage to three cruisers, three destroyers, an anti-aircraft training ship, and one minelayer (all U.S. property). 188 U.S. aircraft were destroyed; 2,403 Americans were killed and 1,178 others were wounded. If it were me, I would search all Japanese on the West Coast and bring them in for questioning, which is exactly what the United States did. The internment was not bad at all! Sure they had some family members die, but that is a small price to pay for the safety of the rest of the country. While in those internment camps they had housing, food, payed labor, free groups and classes, and more! Even though they didn't get gourmet meals or the best housing systems, they lived free off of the government. At around the same time there were concentration camps killing millions of jewish people as well as other religions! This is nothing in comparison.

Also while in the camps, the Japanese had an option to choose their allegiance. Some didn't want to be loyal to the United States, while others did and proved it by serving in the military. Even once everyone was free they STILL got 20,000 PER FAMILY as compensation.

So the Japanese had an advantage, they lived off of the government, had jobs with pay, free meals (even finding ways to get multiple portions), free housing, free recreational groups, freedom to go to other camps or even hike in the nearby places, and even got $20,000 for doing all of that!!!

The Japanese internment WAS justified, and was necessary for keeping other saboteurs out of the way to keep America safe from more damage.

• Aren't we still speaking English?

The internment of the Japanese was very justified because of the simple fact that if we had left them running around in America you would never know what would happen. Its not like we tortured them like they did us in Japan... Would you rather write an apology letter to a Japanese family for moving to a safe facility to closely watched, or write a letter to a mother telling her that her little boy had been killed by a Japanese spy?

• It clearly violates the Constitutional mandate of due process, as mentioned in the 5th amendment.

To say that they Government has the right to detain you in a camp simply on the basis of your ethnicity, when you have not violated the rights of others, is taking our life and liberty away from us.

This applied to all Japanese-Americans, even if they were born in the United States. That means the Government could detain American citizens on the basis of where their parents were born. That is inexcusable to the citizens of a Constitutional Republic.

• Having your grandparents born in the incorrect country is not grounds for internment without due process.

Even in a time of war, it's incredibly, incredibly racist to claim to have the grounds to intern people becomes they look Japanese.

If you believe you have rights of ANY kind, you are deceived. If a nation can simply declare war and then have consummate power over it's people, then its apparent why the United States gets into wars so often.

• Only 3% of people

Significantly, the incarceration program got underway despite a warning; in January 1942, a naval intelligence officer in Los Angeles reported that Japanese-Americans were being perceived as a threat almost entirely “because of the physical characteristics of the people.” Fewer than 3 percent of them might be inclined toward sabotage or spying, he wrote, and the Navy and the FBI already knew who most of those individuals were.

Https://www.Smithsonianmag.Com/history/injustice-japanese-americans-internment-camps-resonates-strongly-180961422/

• Only 3% of people

• What happened to America?

I think with so much going on with the war, the government didn't have time to think about it clearly, they just assumed that since it was Japan that bombed the Peral Harbor than it's all of the Japanese's fault. It was just an excuse to point a finger at someone and blame them for everything.

• Wake up, America!

This is a country of love and prosperity. We have no right to violate their human rights like dude seriously. Who thought it was a good idea in the first place. We have no right to play God. Japanese have their rights just as much as every fair citizen of the United States!!!

• Morally and Legally wrong

Mass roundups violate due process. They also place us morally in the same camp with the Third Reich, England during the Boer War, and Serbia in its war of extermination on Croatia. I really do not wish my country to be regarded as one with no regard for Human Rights.

• Didn't need to happen

Over 127,000 people get reprimanded for something they had nothing to do with. Why was it at all necessary? There were easier ways of dealing with the Japanese. But why screw with the american citizens from Japanese ancestry? When they came to america for freedom and a better life, not to have to live in a little shack with other families.

• Definitely not acceptable

The Fourteenth Amendment clearly states that all American citizens are guarantied due process in the court of law along with the rights of life, liberty, and pursuit of happiness. By subjugating them and sending them off into the desert into consentration camps took away their liberty, and in some cases, their lives. Families were separated, and any suspicious person was shot on sight. Along with that, no real proof or evidence has surfaced proving that spies, saboteurs, or informants were actually caught by Executive order 9066. In short, these actions by the United States government were completely amoral. And to any and all who disagree, it sickens me that you could live such a lie.

• They weren't justified

The Sufi to be the first time I try and make me happy and you have a great way of the day after a long day at the same thing to say I have a great way of the year and I don't think that I have a good time with the new version is the only thing that would make my life and the rest first you don't know how

Anonymous says2013-06-25T17:50:09.777
Go here and then decide who was right and who was wrong:

http://home.Comcast.Net/~eo9066/Intro.Html

It's not as easy as a simple Yes or No.