Was the taking of the $1 trillion coin off of the negotiation table the right thing for the Treasury and Federal Government to do?

• A Slippery Slope

It just kind of seems like the easy way out of a problem that we created. It does not really stop irresponsible behavior. Plus, we are not that bad off were we need to take such drastic actions yet. The trillion dollar coin idea may have to be used one day, but not today. It would just allow for more bad behavior in my opinion.

• There is no need.

Yes, the taking of the $1 trillion coin off the negotiation table was the right thing for the treasury and federal government to do, because there was no need to have a trillion dollar coin. There might not even be need for a million dollar coin. Such a large coin would be hard to secure.

• They made the right choice.

The taking of the $1 trillion coin off of the negotiation table was the right thing for the Treasury and Federal Government to do. The institutions of government know the right decisions to make when it comes to fiscal policy at the Federal level. I do not question their judgement in this area.

• Would Weaken The System

I believe taking the trillion dollar coin off the negotiation table was the right thing to do for the treasury and the federal government. This idea supports the idea that governments in debt can simply print more money and that is an ideal that would leave the system in a very weak position. This idea should have never gained any traction.

• Yes, it was.

I think that if a one trillion dollar coin was minted, it would have made people lose confidence in the purchasing power of the American dollar and would have caused a nose dive in value. You simply can't have fluctuations that large just because you decide something is worth one trillion dollars.