Was the Travolta Menzel Oscars gaffe really that embarassing?

• Yes, he wasn't even close.

Yes, John Travolta's Oscars gaffe in which he pronounced Idina Menzel's name as "Adela Dazeem" was quite embarassing. Had he slightly mispronounced it, it may not have been a big deal, but to be so far off, it was quite entertaining for viewers. The Oscars is one of the most highly-viewed programs and is full of Travolta's colleagues, so it was understandably quite embarrassing for him.

• The Travolta Oscars gaffe was embarassing

Everyone saw what happened during the Travolta Menzel Oscar's gaffe, and it comes as no surprise people are just as horrified by what happened as they were by Travolta's other bizarre behavior as of late. Now that these shows are broadcast live and tweeted about in real time, the situation was magnified.

• No, it was harmless entertainment

Actually John Travolta’s gaffe added to the fun of an
    evening designed strictly for its entertainment value. When Travolta came out
    in his sky-high black wig and smooth pancake makeup alert viewers probably
    suspected they were in for something unusual, and they got it. His minor mistake
    made people smile. It also gave singer Idina Menzel far more publicity than she
    would otherwise reaped for singing a single song.

• Will Be Forgotten

I do not believe the Travolta Menzel Oscar gaffe will be a big deal. Yes, it may have been an embarrassing situation in the moment and Travolta has apologized for the name usage. Personally, I couldn't care less about such a thing. I didn't watch the Oscars and I don't care about any gaffe that happened during the show.