Was there racial motivation behind the decision to evict Dale Farm?

• Race is never gone

The fact that the Dale Farm incident is related so strongly to racial struggle is not an accident. There is no coincidence in this nation that has race and culture so brutally ingrained in our history, and to ignore it's presence does a disservice to the multitudes of Americans who have given their lives for equality.

• May Have Been

I believe it is possible that there may have been racial motivation behind the decision to evict Dale Farm, but giving the living situation I believe even that motivation is justified because their lives certainly weren't worse as a result. They were given alternate land to use, given the dire situation of the land they were living on.

• evict Date Farm

I personally disagree,I do not believe Roma integration is fully possible at this point. I believe this group of people is use to living off the grid and that's not necessarily a bad thing. We shouldn't be pushing people or forcing people to live lifestyles that they aren't use to. However, I think it's important to work on their integration. This isn't something that's going to happen over night, it's going to take time coupled with the right policies.

• There was not radical motivation behind the decision to evict Dale Farm.

There was not radical motivation behind the decision to evict Dale Farm. The people who live on Dale Farm are being targeted not because they are from any minority, but because they have broken the law. Basildon Council is acting precisely as it would have to do if a member of the ethnic majority put up a building without permission on land in its area: it would remove the inhabitants, and flatten the site.

• The camp was illegal.

No, there was not racial motivation behind the decision to evict Dale Farm, because the encampment was illegal, and everyone knew that it was illegal. The Dale Farm eviction was strung out for years, ten to be exact, while the land owners had no relief. That a person says they have no where else to go is not grounds for trespassing.