Was Trent Lott forced to resign by his constituents after his remarks about Strom Thurmond?

• Yes he was

Yes, they made it clear to him that it would be a lot better for him to go ahead and resign than to keep trying to work there and just end up getting fired later on any way. He knew that his career there was over and that it was leave time.

• Trent Lott forced

I personally agree,I do believe that Trent Lott was forced to resign by his constituents after his remarks about Strom Thurmond. Trent Lott was a bit out of line, and everyone is aware of that. His constituents obviously forced him into resigning because they did not want to deal with the negative backlash.

• Trent Lott was obviously forced to resign

I do believe that Trent Lott was forced to resign by his constituents after his remarks about Strom Thurmond. Trent Lott was a bit out of line, and everyone is aware of that. His constituents obviously forced him into resigning because they did not want to deal with the negative backlash.

• No, I don't believe Trent Lott was forced to resign by his consituents.

While Trent Lott's controversial remarks were a very poor idea for someone who is that powerful politically I don't believe anyone forced him to resign, Trent Lott was likely highly encouraged to step down from office after all the furor his remarks made by I believe in the end it was his decision to make and nobody forced him to make it.

• No, Trent Lott was not made to resign by his constituents for his remarks at Strom Thurmond's birthday party.

I think that while many of his constituents thought his remarks may have been inappropriate, I do not believe they thought he should resign. There were alot of people who thought that he didn't say anything wrong either. There was, however, a small group of his constituents that believe his resigning would help the party