Was Vancouver a poor choice for the 2010 Winter Games because of its climate?

• No Vancouver was a great choice for th 2010 Winter Games.

Vancouver was a great choice for the 2010 Winter Games. As we've seen already in 2014, the temperatures in Sochi have reached upwards of sixty degrees. This is way too warm for winter Olympic events causing many problems with the down hill courses. Skiers and snowboarders were having extreme difficulties and even injuring themselves due to the irregular conditions.Vancouver did not experience priblems nearly as bad as Sochi.

• No, Vancouver was a good choice for the 2010 Winter Olympics.

I think that the 2010 Winter Olympics in Vancouver was actually a good choice to host the games. Vancouver may not face the same cold winter climates like the rest of Canada, but it is still a good location for those who wish to partake in cold climate sports. Plus the city was more than capable of hosting the games.

• Worked Out Fine

I believe it was a little weird that the 2010 Winter Games were held in Vancouver because its climate is quite warm, but it worked out just fine. I think the important difference that most people don't consider is the fact that the mountains nearby don't enjoy those warm temperatures, so it was actually a very fitting city for the events.

• Vancouver was not a poor choice for the 2010 Winter Games.

There should not be a city that is ruled out of any competition such as the Olympic games. Vancouver's climate just makes the games a little more interesting. The object of the games is to find the best in the world. If a participant can't overcome an issue such as climate, they can't be the best in the world. I can almost guarantee that there will be someone who can perform in identical conditions better than them.

• Let it Snow

I think that it was a good place for the Olympics due to its weather. It was the winter Olympics and as such it is going to be cold and I believe that the weather helped a lot in making the different courses and also helped to maintain them as well. It was also only slightly colder than it would probably be in other areas. To me it seems weird for people to complain about the cold at the winter Olympics