Was WAAF justified in firing Opie and Anthony in 1998?

• FCC makes the rules

While Opie and Anthony should have complete freedom of speech, it unfortunately doesn't work that way when it comes to radio and television. There are certain standards that have to be met in order to be allowed to be broadcasted publicly. If WAAF felt like Opie and Anthony were becoming too much of a risk and causing too much controversy then they had a right to fire them.

• Yes, I think the WAAF was justified in firing Opie and Anthony in 1998.

I think that Opie and Anthony went over the line when they used their popular program to proclaim that a public figure had been killed when he hadn't been, I think the joke was in poor taste and the station had every right to terminate their relationship with them because of that.

• No, it was dumb.

I do not think that WAAF was justified in firing Opie and Anthony in 1998. Maybe they pushed the envelope a little too far, but people are out there doing far worse things than that. Maybe a suspension and fine would have been good, but firing was pretty stupid to me.

• No, the WAAF was not justified in firing Opie and Anthony.

I do not believe that the WAAF was justified in firing Opie and Anthony in 1998. I think that Opien and Anthony should be allowed to talk about what they want over the air with being fined and punished for it as long as its not agains the law and rules.

• No, they should have stayed

I think the fact is talk show personalities,all pull pranks. If it has to do with the mayor, why is it any different? They seem to be fine and got picked up right away,but the fact they got fired because they breached a contract is awful, let it go people.