Was WWI worse than WWII? For nations, people, anyone.

Asked by: Westhofen1
  • Don't forget the men who died in the battles which is probably why your here today.

Here are some battles The men died in: The battle of the somme, The battle of Verdun, The battle of Passchendale, The battle of Jutland, The Brusilov offensive, Gallipoli, and The first battle of the Marne. Still I respect the men who gave their lives for us in WW2 as well.

• The fighting was alien to the culture.

During the medieval ages (and before), hand to hand combat and ultra violence was just part of culture. It was an all around far more violent time where gore would have been a normal thing, unlike 1914. During WW1, culture was no longer in such a barbaric state. Therefore, mass hand to hand combat (like at the 1st battle of the Marne) would have been completely alien to the people living at the time. That isn't even mentioning the living conditions in the trench warfare that followed. Although overall casualties were lower in WW1, more men would have died at the same time. A day at Verdun would have been like the D-day landings.
    Sure, the war wasn't as widespread. Sure, the casualties were not as high. Sure, less civilians died. However, the fighting that did occur was far more brutal consistently during WW1.

• WW1 was the cause, and a stupid cause at that.

WW1, while it didn't cost as much money or lives as WW2, it had no clear goal for anyone other than hatred. What made things worse was WW1 caused WW2 to begin with. WW1 also innovated with many tanks, guns and bombs which made survival as rare as getting a mermaid to marry bigfoot.

• Dear God Yes

WWII was bad, no doubt, but WWI was worse. WWI brought tanks, aviation, machine guns, chemical warfare, and explosive ordnance, into the theater of war. Combining all of this with previous strategies, such as Trench Warfare, created the ability for people to be slaughtered. Waiting in the trenches hoping not to get shelled by artillery, or hit with poisonous gas, is in my opinion terrible. WWII had nukes, and the Holocaust, but WWI was a slaughter of people led to believe war was a glorious way to defend their country, and set the stage for WWII with the treaty of Versailles. Worst of all, the loss and horror of the Great War, is mostly forgotten by the people of the world.

• World War One

World war one because evn though they were both awful, world war one caused a major ripple effect and overall, led to the starting of other horrifc wars, such as world war 2. 17 million people died for no apparent reason and families lost husbands, sons and people they cared for.

• World War One

• World war 1 is worse

The First World War is much worse than the second one as the trenches were very muddy and you could easily catch contagious diseases. Also, because of the rain you could easily get trench foot and easily be scared to death by bombs also referred as to being called shell- shock

• WW1 was worse but both were horrid

In ww1 after the very start of the war most of the people were drafted. In ww2 the draft only occurred towards the end. Ww2 also brought the U.S, Canada and many more countries out of the great depression. Ww1 was part of the reasons for the great depression. Both were horrid events. The south pacific POW camps were very bad but the total number of wasted casualty in ww1 are to great.

• WW2 was against evil while ww1 was caused by more circumstances

WW2 was against nazis and their political agenda. But WW1 was about more.. It was about the assasination of Franz Ferdinad. It is also interesting to see how the war built up, with the US being neutral for a big chunk of it. Plus ww2 had to much main people

• WWI was not as exciting as WWII

In WW2 there weren't as many developments in technology so it was kinda dead af, at the end of the day the life of a Jew is worth about 4% of the market value of a British soldier. Fck it I changed my opinion half way through now. WWI was worse because they killed lazy horses

• WW2 brought suicide maniacs, while WW1 just brought explosives.

Imagine you're on a Navy Destroyer, let's say the USS Laffey. You are on radar picket patrol, ( preparing to invade Japan) and 50 Kamikaze planes appear. 6 planes hit the ship, your friends are dead, 3 of the main anti air guns are down, and you're still getting pummeled. THIS is why WW2 was worse. Your chance of survival was ONLY 2%. That's hell.

• WWII was worse

WWI was very bad, but WWII was even worse. The Atomic Age was developed. Also, over 15 million people died in the Holocaust, and they didn't just take jews to concentration camps, they also took disabled, homosexuals, professors, and people with different political beliefs. Also, Pearl Harbor had happened, where there were millions of American lives that died by explosions, drowning, and even being trapped in shipwrecked ships.

• Hi my name is brandson

I do not know how i got this name but it is my name. Ww2 is defenetly worse because of all of the tecknolagy and bombs. The bombs were going on like crazy. My grampa said his fathers grampa was in ww2. But he did not make it out alive. So sad what has happend in ww2

• Hi my name is brandson

• Ww2 is way way worse

Bombs where terable and i know the alfabet.I dont nlw why i am here mabye just because ww2 is losing this internet war.Ww2 is worse becase of hitler and his bombing and all the torchering he has done to the alies .That is just my opinoion and ya.Bye..Bye. Ww2 is worse

• WW2 Was MUCH MUCH worse

Not only did ww2 have atomic bombs at the end, but there was far better technology, the holocaust (which killed 15 - 20 million people), and 50 to 85 million people died ( the higher figure including war related disease. WW1 may have been really bad, but WW2 was definitely far worse.

• WW2 was the worst

World war 2 was the worst because i am studying about it and it clearly shows that world war 2 is worse than world war 1. It is also worse because there was more advanced technology than world war 1. World war 2 is worse than world war 1 because I say so.

• Think of the people

I get it. Chlorine gas, trench warfare, and lack of medical tech was a big problem in WWI. But all the people forced into concentration camps, the propaganda, it was devastating. The concentration camps were horrible, and so many people died. But the Japanese propaganda was the poisoned cherry on top. When the allied forces came to the pacific islands in WWII, the poeple, filled with the propaganda of the Americans torturing them for any scraps of information, then torturing them until they died afterwards, the people decided to take their families, hide in a corner, and end it with a grenade when as many ‘enemy’ soldiers were around. They would push their own children off cliffs, then jump themselves, or force as many family members under water as possible to drown with them. Sorry if these horrors of the pacific islands scared you, but that was kinda the point.

• Ww2 was worse

For the first time in history, armies were truly mobile allowing for blitzkrieg tactics and coordinated bombing campaigns. Civilians in cities were massacred on a monthly basis, and great inhumanity was shown towards all by all. More people died, and there were death camps of industrial-scale murder. Ww2 was the worst event in human history, in my opinion.