Water privatization: Is government ownership of water utilities economically efficient?

• Utility privatization is economically efficient.

The economy is in dire need of finding alternative methods for fundraising. While the government's historical methods of fundraising have begun to yield decreasing results, there are numerous new opportunities that are presenting themselves. The privatization of utilities, while unwanted by society, can yield better results, as will the taxation of legalized substances, like marijuana.

• Do we really want our government controlling our water utilities too?

The government has proven time and time again that they are unable to handle their own finances. Our growing debt is proof enough of that theory. Regardless of what claims the government makes regarding saving the automobile industry or saving our banking industry, they tend to do more harm than good. Do we really want our government controlling our water utilities too? Look at the mess they have with the current healthcare system. Allowing the government to take control of our water is asking for trouble. It will not help us save money and would likely lead us toward a maximum amount of water usage each day. I really don't want the government to tell me how long my showers should be.