We should ban guns everywhere around the world

Asked by: junho7420
  • People kill with guns

People who have guns kill others. Some people say that guns don't kill people, people kill people. You are partly correct. People do kill people but guns help them kill people. If nobody has guns, then there would be less killing. Guns should be taken away from everybody in the world, less death, less money being used.

• Ban Guns and Nukes

When it comes to banning weapons Nukes and Guns are high on my list. I assume that you mean is guns in the hands of civilians. As mentioned above hunting is an issue. I am not sure who would do this and how it could be done, but I think it is a great idea. We in the USA would have to change the 2nd Amendment but that is a good idea anyway.

This gets into the area of non-lethal weapons, enhanced home security, and violence prevention. Consider two options: 1) The individualist bunker mentality - I will shoot anyone who comes through my front door. 2). The solve the source of the problem civil citizen: what are the causes of crime and violence. Given each option what would our society look like? Our prisons are already over full. It costs more to incarcerate than to prevent.

We here in the USA have a problem. It is called the "Gun Culture." More and more it is looking like a public health issue. Like smoking, car safety, alcohol, opioids, and obesity, it is time to adjust our thinking.

• Guns should not be banned

Think of all the money that would be wasted. How would we know if people really got rid of their guns unless we personally take guns away? This would take a lot of money from government which might raise taxes. No one wants higher taxes. Some people rely on guns for food. For example, what if a family was so poor they could only get their food by hunting. Don't ban guns.

• We should ban guns

Did you here about the latest mass shooting? That could have been prevented if we had gun control. Imagine having a family member killed in a mass shooting. You then, realize that not having guns in the world would have prevented this. This is why I think guns should be banned.

• Ban Guns and Nukes

• Guns Are Our Protection, Not Enemy...

I agree, Mass Shootings are terrible!! Look at the areas where Mass Shooting hurt the most people. Areas without guns... If every person had a gun on them at all times mass shootings would be non-existent or stopped before more than ten were injured. I'm not saying we force people to carry guns with them but those who are comfortable and have the know how should always have guns with them.

School shootings are so successful because no one at the facility is able to defend themselves against a gun, simple as that.

If the government were to do a buyback of all the guns in America the only people with guns who be the criminals who already were able to purchase them illegally. We would have no law abiding citizens with guns and all the people deranged people you want to stop from having guns would buy them on a black market.

Posted by: Jewy
  • I dont think So.

According to DOJ’s Bureau of Justice Statistics, U.S. gun-related homicides dropped 39 percent over the course of 18 years, from 18,253 during 1993, to 11,101 in 2011. During the same period, non-fatal firearm crimes decreased even more, a whopping 69 percent. The majority of those declines in both categories occurred during the first 10 years of that time frame. Firearm homicides declined from 1993 to 1999, rose through 2006, and then declined again through 2011. Non-fatal firearm violence declined from 1993 through 2004, then fluctuated in the mid-to-late 2000s. From these studies, more guns equal less crime, not to mention the effect on concealed carry which drastically removed violent and overall crime.

• A gun is simply a tool.

Appeals to emotion are often poorly reasoned and reasoned with recklessness. Guns are a tool, as are many other weapons. Yet guns are the only tool to get such a harsh treatment in society.

Fact of the matter is that a gun, by itself, cannot kill people. It requires a user to operate the trigger in order to cause damage or death. Rather than “banning” guns, which violates the rights of the people who own them legally and follow proper procedure to own them, stronger mental health checks should be globally enforced, and firearm manufacturers should be including and requiring that civilian guns have mechanisms which can be disabled by law enforcement in light of a tragedy.

Banning is not the solution, and there are ways around a ban. It is possible to manufacture a makeshift weapon using standalone parts, which renders a ban relatively useless. Restriction of ammunition sales to those who have a valid firearms permit and capping amount of bullets able to be bought will serve to reduce the scale of mass shootings.

• Guns should not be banned

• We should not ban guns

Even if the government bans guns, there will still be people that buy guns in black market. And why only guns?? Knifes, books, hammers, everything can become a weapon. If a robber come in with a gun but you don't have, the robber will have the advantage to win and take other things.

• Legitimate Uses for Guns

There are plenty of reasonable reasons for owning a gun (hunting, sporting, collecting, etc.), however, unless your job is inherently dangerous, personal protection is not a reasonable reason (how many enemies do you have?). There are also only a few classes of guns that appropriate for hunting/sporting, such as pistols and rifles - assault weapons?, LMGs? - No.

• Guns aren't killers it's the human

I don't stay awake at night waiting for my gun that's locked in the closet to come out and kill me. Instead I stay awake at night wondering what way the news is going to make is sound like guns are bad, when in reality it is the person at the other end of the gun. For example if you code a computer it will only doing what you coded it to do nothing more nothing less. Same logic applies to a gun the gun will only shoot if the trigger is pulled by the person. Don't restrict the type of in the world or country restrict the person who got the gun. For over 20 years now we have been banning and banning different types of guns but you need to ban the person who is the the other end of the gun (the one who pulled the trigger).

• Guns Should Absolutely NOT Be Banned...

Leaning says2018-05-25T05:49:03.307
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/armed-citizen-kills-shooter-at-oklahoma-city-restaurant/ar-AAxLGxa?ocid=ientp