We traveled to the moon before we put wheels on suitcases: Are our inventors' priorities helpful to civilization?

• The priorities of our inventors are definitely helpful to civilization.

The priorities of our inventors are definitely helpful to civilization. As an example reaching the moon before we put wheels on suitcases made more sense. Wheels on suitcases eases a travelers journey, however, reaching the moon and finding out about life on other planets was and is a far sighted and absolutely essential event in history.

• Inventors have their own pace and that's just fine

John F. Kennedy said that we would put man on the moon before the decade was out - and we succeeded. Funnily enough, that major scientific advancement came before we even made wheeled suitcases. Inventions seem to come at just the right time, no matter what civilization's outward priorities may be, so I think it's fine that man took that giant leap on the moon before he could pull a suitcase through the airport.

• I would say so.

In my personal opinion it is far more important to be able to travel in space and inhabit other planets or moons than it is to have wheels on a suitcase. The further advancement of mankind is far more important than the advancement of laziness and weakness. So I would say their priorities are in order.

• I do not believe our priorties are helpful

This is certainly not a black and white subject. I think there are political reasons for some of the inventions of the 20th century. For example, I believe man "landing on the moon" was merely an effort to beat the Russians in the space race of the 1960s to show dominance and power.