Weird Al's parents died on the same day due to carbon monoxide poisoning. Hours later he performed at a concert, saying that "since my music had helped many of my fans through tough times, maybe it would work for me as well." Is music therapeutic?

• Music is theraputic.

Many people find solace in music, it reminds them of better times, makes them feel good and can be a good distraction when things may not be going well for them. I do feel that many people find therapeutic benefits when creating or performing music as well, especially if it brings joy or pleasure to others.

• Yes, absolutely it is.

Music has been shown to help reduce anxiety and stress just by listening to it. Students do better on tests and when studying when they listen to music. Music helps mucians express and identify thier feelings in a socially acceptable way. It is certainly true that music is therapeutic for both the listener and the musician.

• Yes, music can be therapuetic and help people cope with difficult times.

Music has the power to change a person's mood. A joyful song or melody can bring cheer and lyrics that describe similar feelings or events can help people feel they are not alone in their suffering. People can also lose themselves in a song or rhythm and forget personal tragedies, even if only for a short time.

• Music is very therapeutic.

Music can help in many different ways. It can help a person forget about the bad things they are experiencing or it can help the person express their feelings about a bad situation they have fond themselves in. A person can use music to understand what emotion they are having about a thing that happened and make them feel better in a cathartic sense.